Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Bluetooth soundbar connect to Roku TV

Jump to solution

I would like to connect a Visio sound bar to my Insignia Roku TV using Bluetooth.
Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Bluetooth soundbar connect to Roku TV

Jump to solution

@DanStout  Thanks for the question. That isn't currently a supported feature. You'd need to connect an A/V receiver, speaker or soundbar to your TV via an HDMI or optical (S/PDIF) cable.

I'd recommend reaching out to share your suggestion with your Roku TV manufacturer directly. I'll pass the interest along to our team as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@DanStout  Thanks for the question. That isn't currently a supported feature. You'd need to connect an A/V receiver, speaker or soundbar to your TV via an HDMI or optical (S/PDIF) cable.

I'd recommend reaching out to share your suggestion with your Roku TV manufacturer directly. I'll pass the interest along to our team as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Trying to hook up my bose speaker, can't find bluetooth option

Jump to solution

I don't have the option of bluetooth on the Roku TV, under devices. When you watch youtube videos that is where all bluetooth devices will show up but again the bluetooth option doesn't even exist.

Can someone please advise?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've tried many ways to use Bluetooth speakers with TV, upgraded speakers, upgraded low latency transmitters and receivers. I finally gave up after spending close to $1k on this project. I was unable to successfully incorporate Bluetooth with out a significant and varying degrees of latency. WiFi speakers such as Sonos or using the Roku Soundbar with Roku speakers works well with out the latency. 

0 Kudos