eapples
Channel Surfer

No HDMI-ARC connection; but, it works!

Jump to solution

I connected my stream bar to my LG television.  There is no connection or socket marked as "HDMI-ARC."  I connected the stream bar to the HDMI port --  I got an error message, which I ignored.  I continued with the setup, entered my access code, and VOILA! It works.  I was thinking that it wouldn't work because my LG television doesn't have a port that is marked "HDMI-ARC."  There are two HDMI ports, and I connected the stream bar to one of 'em.  The sound is fantastic!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No HDMI-ARC connection; but, it works!

Jump to solution

Without a hdmi-arc input on the tv, don't expect audio from other devices connected to the tv to go through the streambar as well, because it won't. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Without a hdmi-arc input on the tv, don't expect audio from other devices connected to the tv to go through the streambar as well, because it won't. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
eapples
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tivoburkee:  Thank you for the information.  The stream bar is the only thing connected; so, I'm perfectly fine with that limitation.

SeaBeeRon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Looking into getting a Smart Soundbar Streaming Media Player, but our older Sony TV does not have ARC HDMI ports.  Will the Soundbar have the quality I expect?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SeaBeeRon

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you do not have HDMI ARC, you can still connect to a Roku Soundbar through HDMI and the addition of the optical audio cable.

For more information about connecting a Roku audio product, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® Streambar™ Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
cartermm

Jump to solution

Yep, this works. I had searched everywhere and even purchased a so-called converter to see if I could find a workaround to the HDMI ARC issue. I should have just plugged it up like you did and let it ride. Sound is great, picture is great! Thanks! 

0 Kudos