Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ETaylor_64

Re: Newsmax periodically makes me sign back in to app

Jump to solution

Newsmax not only make you sign in a few times a week....but tonight I can't even log in ??  I really don't believe this is Newsmaxes fault...something or one is messing with the app system...garenttee that !!!!!

0 Kudos
ETaylor_64

Jump to solution

something or someone is messing with newsmax... multiple having to sign in...

But now ....it won't let me sign in tells me to join yearly...Then if you click it ..it tells you you already have sub...

Does it over and over I've tried for an hour

Can't time it ??

I'm sure Newsmax is NOT causing this...

We are being detoured...silenced

0 Kudos
lmatch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

While I wouldn't ever put it past bad actors messing with conservative news, I don't think that's what we have here.  As someone who has spent his career in tech, I think this just comes down to really poor coding (programming) and especially poor quality control and follow up.  I think the ultimate solution would be to force all the the Newsmax people to use their own horribly **bleep** applications for a week. Then they would understand. 

There truly is no excuse for apps this bad!  It goes far beyond this issue of getting logged out randomly.  Tonight I went to watch the latest episode of Carl Higbie.  Clicked the latest episode, and it started playing the latest episode of Greg Kelly.  That was on my computer using a chrome browser.  Went to my Roku on my TV, and did the exact same steps and it played Carl Higbie like it should.  Really bad coding and quality control, period.

0 Kudos
rbhall52
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It does indeed sound like bad coding. They recently rolled out their newsmax plus subscription, and I wonder how many people are noticing the same thing and telling them about it. It's not rocket science to fix this. I don't think I have really had any trouble with things like youtube, youtube tv, or any other roku apps I have used. Something did happen when I was trying to watch something through plex, but I don't remember what it was, and it has not happened again. I need to go to tech support for newsmax and tell them about this.

0 Kudos
rbhall52
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I reached out to newsmax about their roku app and this is the response that I received. So, they are aware of it and working on making it behave better.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the performance issues you are experiencing with our app. We understand how frustrating this can be and we are committed to resolving this issue as soon as possible.

We have identified the performance issues are due to an increase in demand for our app. Our technical team has already deployed several fixes in the last few days to improve the app. They are continuing to monitor and make upgrades to provide the best experience possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to help and will do everything we can to ensure that you have a positive experience with our app. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

jaxam1

Jump to solution

Is this a temp fix until it happens again? Or a real solution?

0 Kudos
rbhall52
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The newsmax app is still giving the error periodically or occasionally when used through the roku device. It will take some time for things to settle down. I have discovered that you can use the newsmax app on either a tablet or a phone to broadcast newsmax tv to your chromecast or smart tv. That seems to work when using the roku device does not work.

0 Kudos