Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanii1

New here Interested in Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm new to the sub and have heard about "cable cutting" and have heard an increase in the popularity of Roku and Roku TV's. I'm not one to cable cut, but it seems I have no choice these days as the price tags for cable keep on climbing. So I have a few questions... What are some good things about Roku? What stuff does it come with? Does it require a smart tv on order for it to work? If it doesn't, what can I expect from it? What's free on it, and what isn't? Does it come with a subscription per month like a cable box, or it it a "one and done" deal with no monthly fees attached? Sorry if I sound like a dumbass for asking these questions. I'm just curious and I wanna see what the hype is all about. Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New here Interested in Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi, @vanii1 

We are delighted to have you here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for showing your interest in Roku, and we'd be more than glad to answer your inquiries. Roku streaming devices are compatible with any TVs that have an HDMI port where the Roku device is connected. Roku devices are simple to set up and easy to use. They come with a simple remote, and powerful features like Roku Search which makes it effortless to find what you want to watch. Roku devices give you access to a massive selection of movies and TV episodes from top free and paid channels, so you can stream almost anything.

Here are some of the features:

Tons of FREE content

on channels like The Roku Channel, YouTube, Tubi, Global TV, VMedia, Sky News, HappyKids, and CBC Gem.

Hollywood blockbusters and the latest TV shows,

on channels like Netflix, Apple TV, Crave, Disney Plus, Prime Video, and Paramount Plus.

Live sports,

on subscription channels like fuboTV, MLB, NHL, NBA, UFC, F1 TV, and Red Bull TV.

Note: In addition to many free channels, some channels require payment. Channel availability may change and varies by country

In addition, Roku streaming players start at just $29.99, and there are Roku TV models that fit every budget.

Once you purchase your Roku device, there are no additional equipment fees and there are no monthly fees for watching free channels. You’ll only pay for subscriptions to apps like Netflix, cable-replacement services like Sling TV, or movie and TV show rentals from services like Prime Video or Apple TV. 

For more information, you can refer to What is Roku

We hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New here Interested in Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi, @vanii1 

We are delighted to have you here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for showing your interest in Roku, and we'd be more than glad to answer your inquiries. Roku streaming devices are compatible with any TVs that have an HDMI port where the Roku device is connected. Roku devices are simple to set up and easy to use. They come with a simple remote, and powerful features like Roku Search which makes it effortless to find what you want to watch. Roku devices give you access to a massive selection of movies and TV episodes from top free and paid channels, so you can stream almost anything.

Here are some of the features:

Tons of FREE content

on channels like The Roku Channel, YouTube, Tubi, Global TV, VMedia, Sky News, HappyKids, and CBC Gem.

Hollywood blockbusters and the latest TV shows,

on channels like Netflix, Apple TV, Crave, Disney Plus, Prime Video, and Paramount Plus.

Live sports,

on subscription channels like fuboTV, MLB, NHL, NBA, UFC, F1 TV, and Red Bull TV.

Note: In addition to many free channels, some channels require payment. Channel availability may change and varies by country

In addition, Roku streaming players start at just $29.99, and there are Roku TV models that fit every budget.

Once you purchase your Roku device, there are no additional equipment fees and there are no monthly fees for watching free channels. You’ll only pay for subscriptions to apps like Netflix, cable-replacement services like Sling TV, or movie and TV show rentals from services like Prime Video or Apple TV. 

For more information, you can refer to What is Roku

We hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos