Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwcheese
Roku Guru

New OTA Channel Guide Menu Buttons

Woke up this morning to find a brand new channel guide. I do like that the All/Recents/Favorites are now simply radio buttons when going over to the left, instead of hitting * and clicking through the popup up menu to get to Filters and having to laboriously do that every time.  I'm finding it handy to go look for a channel not on my Favorites list when I want to see a channel I infrequently view. 

I'll take some time today to get more impressions, but it seems to be working without any glitches or bugs at the moment.

20220824_065459.jpg

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Re: New OTA Channel Guide Menu Buttons

First quibble -  the previous Filters menus were modal in nature: when you selected All, or Recents, or Favorites filter, the channel guide would remain in that mode until you change it. I think it may have even been persistent between power off/on cycles. The new menu has done away with the modal guide selection, defaulting to All Channels.

It's a slight inconvenience to have to choose All, Recents, Favorites every time you want to change to another channel; it defeats the purpose of the Recents & Favorites.

Can the devs restore persistent modal menu selection?

--------------Update----------------

Just discovered the guide is now a monolithic list, comprising the All Channels, Recents, and Favorites appended in that order. So the radio buttons on the left side are merely quick links (or tabs) to the top of the section All/Recents/Favorites. I figured it out when scrolling quickly in Favorites and suddenly ended up in the midst of All Channels. 

Not sure if the devs can make any of that persistent and modal since the list is monolithic.

gvillegeo73
Channel Surfer

I mostly like the updated guide. 

0 Kudos
Hunter933

I think we agree that defaulting to All Channels is terrible. My set defaults to All Channels even when I change to another channel. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

It would appear Roku devs have reverted the OTA channel guide menu to the previous version, which allows for modal guides via the Filters option on the pop-up menu.

Isn't it fun being the alpha test team for Roku TV? Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos