Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hatman5000

Network error when trying to play a video from a usb drive... Does not make sense

For the last few years, I've had no problem playing videos from usb drives on my Roku TV on the Roku Media Player app. Just yesterday I tried and it gave me a strange Network Error Message (no code) and said there was something wrong with the server. Shouldn't need any kind of server to play a file from a physical USB drive, right? Netflix still works but HAYU won't work. I've tried factory reset, reset wifi router, unplugging the TV and plugging it back in, trying different USB drives. I'm hoping there could be a fix for this problem.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1

Re: Network error when trying to play a video from a usb drive... Does not make sense

I’m having the same issue as well. I’ve watched movies off my hard drive since I have had the tv and all the sudden it’s not working. This is my only way to watch movies. Help!!!!

0 Kudos