Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agamenn

Re: Netflix Crashing on Roku and TV not responding 2024

I have to reboot my Roku TCL EVERY Netflix use, otherwise Netflix will lock up when pause or FF or rewind . Although, Max, prime, Tubi, paramount… do not have this problem.  I conclude Netflix is a poorly executed app. I am canceling 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Agamenn!

Firstly, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused your streaming with the Netflix channel on your TCL Roku TV and we're here to suggest further troubleshooting steps to help you.

Kindly follow the steps provided below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

After doing so, highlight the channel tile and press the star (*) button on your remote to update it. We also need to make sure that these steps have been done precisely to work.

If the issue persists after performing those specific troubleshooting steps, we highly suggest reaching out to the channel provider themselves which in this case, Netflix Support as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel in the Roku streaming platform. Their channel may need an update from them. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doubs

I found out that plugging in the TV to it's own wall outlet or it's on power strip without anything else on the power strip but the TV, but the wall outlet can have another power device plugged in to the outlet, this stoped the crashing, try it !

0 Kudos
RadioJoel

I have tried everything suggested and nothing works. Restarts the whole Roku every time I try to continue the movie I’m watching.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @RadioJoel 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post regarding your Roku TV, where you mentioned that you are experiencing an issue with Netflix crashing, and we'd be happy to help. Let's perform a troubleshooting step to resolve the issue. Please follow this one below:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star button to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Refer to earlier instructions to restart your Roku device.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.
  4. You can also restart your modem/router after performing the steps above. 

If the issue persists after performing the mentioned troubleshooting step above, kindly provide the following details below so we can investigate it further since we've exhausted and attempted fixes.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We hope to hear back a response from you and let us know what you find out. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Have had this issue with every single Roku tv in my house (5 of them). Only Netflix crashes. Only thousands of dollars in Roku products just to have to keep resetting the entire tv once a day on whatever tv we are using at that time. All this money spent and continuous monthly payments for an app I can’t even use without constant hassle given to a company who just keeps repeating the same troubleshooting advice to all of the people on here telling them the same exact thing. How about try and fix our issue and stop with beating a dead horse with your rebuttals that don’t work for the issue at hand. Had enough of this 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Pappywoodwork

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have faced with Netflix crashing on all of your Roku TVs, and we'd like to assist you in resolving this issue. We're currently reviewing this case and investigating the crashing of Netflix on Roku TVs, and we would like to request the details previously requested above this thread, as this information is crucial to our investigation.

Additionally, it is also a good option to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround or request an update of the app on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

We look forward to your response and hope for your understanding.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Txboyntn
Channel Surfer

I've had the same problem for years.  Netflix just says.unplug every time first. Sick of that and doesn't last.  How come no one has reported them to the FTC??  THEY'RE TAKING OUR MONEY FOR A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT THAT DOESN'TWORK!  Ive bought three other TVs and its the same thing.  The government needs to step in!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.