Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gessewa

Need regular cable service? Or just a internet service? To use/watch Roku??

Jump to solution

Do you need to have xfinity cable/and internet service? To be able to watch Roku?  I would like to cancel my xfinity completely, an just have internet service. An then have Roku and pay for HBO, HULU, ETC….. threw the Roku. But not sure if I need to have cable service or not??? Right now I’m paying almost 400 a mo. For xfinity, an then I pay for Disney, Hulu, etc threw the Roku. But just seems rediculous having cable, when I only watch threw Roku tv, and Roku stick now???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Need regular cable service? Or just a internet service? To use/watch Roku??

Jump to solution

@Gessewa

Thanks for the inquiry.

In order to use a Roku device, you would just need internet service, and do not need a cable service. However, if you want access to premium channel content, you will need a subscription such as Disney+, HBO, and Hulu.

For more information about premium subscriptions, visit our Support page here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Gessewa

Thanks for the inquiry.

In order to use a Roku device, you would just need internet service, and do not need a cable service. However, if you want access to premium channel content, you will need a subscription such as Disney+, HBO, and Hulu.

For more information about premium subscriptions, visit our Support page here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Mumbles72

Re: Internet with ATT but no email service

Jump to solution

Recently, we lost internet and email services. An ATT tech came to our house and got back the internet.  But we can not get email.  ROKU does not now work on our tv.  Computer printer doesn't work now. Thermostat is partially messed up. Can you help, please?

Thanks. Phil

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Internet with ATT but no email service

Jump to solution

Hi @Mumbles72  

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing with your Roku device? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bbeggs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A number of non-premium channels require that you log in with a cable provider. Does that provider need to be local.? What's the lowest cost per month provider in the U.S. that I can join for basic channels? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bbeggs, you might want to read this:

6 cable alternatives and live TV streaming services (2022)

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bbeggs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. The problem is that I need a continuous stream (24/7) (no sleep/reset). These tend to go down after a period. But there might be a way to these to work for me. I'll look into them.

0 Kudos