Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Stereo is not compatible

Jump to solution

When I connected my old Surround System no sound comes out. Are only Roku Sound bars compatible? The sound should work on any Mode and my Stereo has 120 Watts per channel and Surround System that will blow away any Bluetooth Speaker on the Market, even Bose!!! I could chase my Neighbors out at half Volume with my Fischer Dinosaur!!!

I just returned a Samsung for the same reason!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Stereo is not compatible

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community, @vfournier61!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding the speaker issue on your Roku TV, and we are here to assist you.

Roku TV supports surround sound connections. You can easily connect non-Roku speakers or a soundbar to it, depending on the compatibility of the speaker you have. Your Roku TV can only be wirelessly paired with Roku Wireless Speakers. If you want to use an external audio system or speakers, they must be connected to your TV using the HDMI ARC port, an optical audio cable (if your TV has this option), or via the 3.5mm audio jack. Since you already have a Bluetooth speaker, you can try to use our Roku Mobile app to connect it. 

To connect your Bluetooth speaker to your Roku TV using ROKU MOBILE APP, please follow these steps:

• Install the Roku mobile app on your phone.
  • Connect your Mobile phone to your Roku TV using the Roku mobile app. 
  • Connect your Bluetooth speaker to your phone.
  • Open the Roku mobile app and select the Headset icon. (You should now hear the sound coming from the Bluetooth speaker).

For more information on the available Roku Wireless Speakers, please visit our support page for Roku audio devices.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Stereo is not compatible

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community, @vfournier61!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding the speaker issue on your Roku TV, and we are here to assist you.

Roku TV supports surround sound connections. You can easily connect non-Roku speakers or a soundbar to it, depending on the compatibility of the speaker you have. Your Roku TV can only be wirelessly paired with Roku Wireless Speakers. If you want to use an external audio system or speakers, they must be connected to your TV using the HDMI ARC port, an optical audio cable (if your TV has this option), or via the 3.5mm audio jack. Since you already have a Bluetooth speaker, you can try to use our Roku Mobile app to connect it. 

To connect your Bluetooth speaker to your Roku TV using ROKU MOBILE APP, please follow these steps:

• Install the Roku mobile app on your phone.
  • Connect your Mobile phone to your Roku TV using the Roku mobile app. 
  • Connect your Bluetooth speaker to your phone.
  • Open the Roku mobile app and select the Headset icon. (You should now hear the sound coming from the Bluetooth speaker).

For more information on the available Roku Wireless Speakers, please visit our support page for Roku audio devices.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.