Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from USA to Canada, how to update to zip code with letters??

I bought my Roku TV in the USA. Now I am in Canada. The zip code option on my TV only gives me USA format. Canadian zip codes have letters in them. How do I switch?? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Moved from USA to Canada, how to update to zip code with letters??

Hello @CanadianSofi

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are using a Roku account that wasn't originated in the region in which you are using your device, you may encounter issues within a channel or updating the zip code on your TV. i.e. If you are using a device linked to a US Roku account, in Canada or another region.

To resolve your issue, we would recommend creating a new Roku account. Since you're in Canada now, the account's region will automatically be set in Canada as well.

If you don't have any extra email address and you want to use the same email you are using at the moment, you can deactivate your existing Roku account then create a new one using the same credentials.

If you need help with the suggestions above, you can visit these links:

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Marty02346
Channel Surfer

Re: Moved from USA to Canada, how to update to zip code with letters??

I have work in the US all so. I do not want close my US account. I rest my Roku and started it again with a new email and Canadian credit card. But still no luck with Canadian channels or zip code. Any Ideas ?

0 Kudos