Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NugBump
Channel Surfer

Re: Max channel zoomed in when streaming

Hey, thanks for the response!!
Yeah, I check my TV for updates several times a month just on my own because I’m bored. (Don’t ever be me..lol)   It’s definitely been updated every time. I’m assuming my update automatically settings do a good job . Luckily, I haven’t been watching a lot of HBO Max The past three or four months. But when House of the Dragon comes on, I hope it’s not an issue.

We are going to figure this out!

0 Kudos
Smeads71

We have this issue too. Roku TV we bought in '17 or '18. It's highly annoying. Problem started maybe a month or 2 ago. I go out and back in each time to get the picture correct. HBO has no issues on our Apple Tv's, only the Roku TV's. Hoping to find a permanent solution soon. 

0 Kudos

I!!!!!

AM HAVING!!!!!

THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!

ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS MADDENING! I feel like my TV is fully gaslighting me!

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Roku Community user,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku community!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the trouble with the Max channel. To assist you further, could you please provide us with the following information?:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (all of this can be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you encounter the issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

We appreciate your cooperation. We look forward to resolving this issue for you.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gozer

You got this info from someone in January and it’s still happening with no response to them after that. How has this been going on for 2 years now? 

MutterErde

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

This is unacceptable! We pay for this service and it’s not functioning properly. FIX IT!

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

@MutterErde 

Max is responsible for their app. Yes, it could work on and apple TV or a fire stick and it's still for max to correct. Apple TV and the fire stick use totally different operating systems than any ROKU. ROKU does not write or maintain any app but, the ROKU channel. If any other apps you have are OK, then it's max's problem to fix. If ALL of your apps have the same problem, it could be as simple as some video setting on you ROKU.

You could try removing the MAX app. Then restart your ROKU. Then add MAX back. Sometimes apps get corrupted and removing, restating and reinstalling might fix it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.