Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Live tv pause not working

What worked for me was taking out the USB drive.  Formatting it on my computer and the inserting it back into the TV and letting the TV reformat the USB drive again.

*** NIX that!!!  That lasted maybe for an HOUR. SMH 😞  

0 Kudos
salado
Channel Surfer

Some user's said Heat was the issue ??  This happened to me 1 time... I bought a 2 foot female USB to USB Female cable... and, the Thumb drive is now in a cool spot!  You can most likely get one at Amazon or Wallgreen's - So my set is an LED/LCD TV but it puts out some (little) heat.   Try the above.. another 50/50 chance...good luck..

• USB 3.0 A Extension. High performance USB 3.0 Male to Male cable connects USB host computers with USB 3.0 type A port to USB peripherals
  • Super Speedy and Stable Transfer: USB 3.0 data transfer rate is up to 5 Gbps, 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Backwards are compatible with computer USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 ports; The bare copper conductors, Aluminum-foil and braid shielding provides superior cable performance, error-free data transmission
  • Plug & Play: No driver needed for the usb 3.0 A to A cable. Just plug-and-play for hard drive enclosures, laptop cooler, writing tablet, cameras, and other SuperSpeed USB peripherals
  • Durable & Reliable: Gold-plated connection ensures the features of anti-oxidation and durable, and extends the life span of USB A
  • Compatibility: Compatible with all devices with Type A port; Note: Does not support connecting two computers directly
0 Kudos
iauei39
Reel Rookie

Quick restore is to pull out the USB stick in case you're the usage of one. Best to get a new service if you want to maintain the usage of live TV pause. Seems this feature corrupts the USB drives after some time, or will be the USB drives are simply no good.

0 Kudos
Joseph3
Streaming Star

When you first turn on TV, test TV pause. Otherwise, you may need it later and it won't be there. If it is not working, quickly unplug/plug USB drive a time or two and test it each time until it's working. I have found that the pause does not work on all USB drives, so you will have to find the right one that works for you.

0 Kudos
Joseph3
Streaming Star

Very well technically stated. I had discovered this information thru trial and error plus the fact that you should check if the LIVE PAUSE working when first you turn TV on.  Best to reset it then (if needed) than to discover it is not functional later when you wish to use it. (saves unneeded cuss words...lol)

ps: I went thru more the a year without a functioning TV PAUSE before it figured this out.  My problem was an unrecognizable USB drive chip. After several attempts with different drives/sizes, I finally hit pay dirt. Everything is working fine now for over a year and I won't touch the Drive card for any reason (unless it malfunctions).

0 Kudos
Joseph3
Streaming Star

Same here, Over a year before I finally figured it out.  Funny how Roku Support never gave me any clues as to how to fix this problem. Anyway, my 55" Roku has been working flawlessly ever since I "fixed" it, but I have to watch my 24" Roku, as the TV PAUSE doesn't always engage when first I turn TV on. But unplug/plug back a time or two will engage it.

0 Kudos
P_WHY_C

Mine use to work as designed but about a month ago mine started doing exactly as you are describing. THIS IS ANNOYING ! The live pause feature is why I bought the TCL. 

0 Kudos
baliske3a

I did should bump up my internet connection because if I tried to movement a 4K UHD movie I became getting a number of buffering on roof. If you have an older TV you can no longer have this problem. Roku does provide a nice quantity of loose services

0 Kudos
salado
Channel Surfer

Try a 12" to 2 foot cord - keep the heat down

Re: Live TV pause not working  ----  Somewhere I posted (some other users had the same issue) If it plugs right into the TV on a USB port?  its going to get warm/hot?  I bought a 2 foot USB cable & put the USB thumb stick at the end of that... Did not plug it directly into the TV.... and, its over a year now. I have no issues. (it was a 50/50 shot) It may/ may not work?  Works for me !!!  (its a San Disk 16 GB)   give it a try.. the cable is about: $6.00  

2 foot cord to thumb drive2 foot cord to thumb drive

0 Kudos
Darkeyez
Channel Surfer

Re: Try a 12" to 2 foot cord - keep the heat down

Been about 6 months with an SD card and a good quality reader plugged in. Only issue so far is if you fast forward to the beginning it will slip back to the start of the 90 minutes. 

Might try the extension cable to see if it's flawless but I'm satisfied with how it works now. 

I made sure to get my sd card and reader from Best Buy as Amazon has too many counterfeits. 

On a separate note, if it's possible to record live tv with just a flash drive like this, why isn't there a similarly simple diy DVR solution?

0 Kudos