Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neilio715
Binge Watcher

Live TV channel description is gone

Live TV no longer has a description of what’s airing on then channels.  Just says no information.   A reset does not help, power cycle, or channel scan.  

seems there was another update that broke the guide.  I can’t wait to get a new TV.  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Re: Live TV channel description is gone

Same here. Happened after last update. Description shows if I open the channel then go back to guide, but does not hold.

Please fix Roko.

Pedro123
Streaming Star

Just did a chat with support. Many people with same problem. It's been elevated to engineering. Have to be patient.

Jack_P
Reel Rookie

If you enable streaming channels to display in the guide, you'll get the program information for the broadcast channels as well. You'll find that option under Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Manage channels in the menu, although the "Live TV" part may be something different if you renamed that input.

Roku broke this at least once before. Somehow, it never occurs to them to test a Roku TV with streaming channels turned off to see if the program guide works.

If you go to a ".1" channel for a minute or so, the TV will pick up the PSIP Event Information Table (program guide) data transmitted by the station itself. That's inconvenient, and in my area some of the major networks aren't on a ".1" channel and don't carry PSIP for the subchannels, so I don't get any program guide for them unless I enable the streaming channels.

0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Issue fixed today.

0 Kudos