Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listening to TV Audio on my stereo Receiver

Jump to solution

I just purchased the 65” TCL ROKU TV (65S41R) and cannot find a way to have the sound play through my Sony STR-DG800. P.S. I still want to be able to hear the tv through the built in speaker when I don't want to turn on my stereo system.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Listening TV Audio to my strep Receiver

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Jimbalayajost.

We appreciate you reaching out for support; we'd happily assist you with your queries.

Have you tried to connect your external speaker, Sony STR-DG800, to your TCL Roku TV using the HDMI ARC port? If not, we highly recommend it. However, if you want to use your TV's built-in speaker, you can unplug it anytime. 

For further help and support setting up your external speaker for your TCL Roku TV, we highly recommend reaching out to the manufacturer or their Customer Support.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Bets regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Listening TV Audio to my strep Receiver

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Jimbalayajost.

We appreciate you reaching out for support; we'd happily assist you with your queries.

Have you tried to connect your external speaker, Sony STR-DG800, to your TCL Roku TV using the HDMI ARC port? If not, we highly recommend it. However, if you want to use your TV's built-in speaker, you can unplug it anytime. 

For further help and support setting up your external speaker for your TCL Roku TV, we highly recommend reaching out to the manufacturer or their Customer Support.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Bets regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.