Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonovanZ
Reel Rookie

Issue ID R5-116-401. TCL Roku tv.

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku tv model number 55s425. TV turns on, but after anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes it reboots itself over and over again. I have tried anything I can think of to try and solve the issue. Soft and hard resets, new power cord, different outlet. Recovery mode, new batteries in the remote, and calling TCL directly. Anything that I have seen online I have tried minus taking the tv into a repair shop. Has anyone seen this issue, and might know how to fix it? I’m trying everything before I have to buy a new tv. Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Issue ID R5-116-401. TCL Roku tv.

Jump to solution

Hello @DonovanZ 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your Roku TV constantly restarting.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted what you find out. If you need further assistance or have another inquiry, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DonovanZ

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If your TCL Roku TV is constantly rebooting, there could be several possible causes. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check for any software updates: Sometimes, software updates can fix bugs and other issues that can cause the TV to reboot. To check for software updates, go to "Settings" on your home screen, select "System," and then select "System update."
  • Check your internet connection: If your TV is having trouble connecting to the internet, this could cause it to reboot. Check to make sure that your internet connection is stable and that your TV is properly connected to your Wi-Fi network.
  • Check for any loose connections: Make sure that all of the cables and connections to your TV are properly plugged in and secure.
  • Reset your TV: A factory reset can often fix issues that are causing the TV to reboot. To perform a factory reset, go to "Settings" on your home screen, select "System," and then select "Advanced system settings." From there, select "Factory reset" and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Contact TCL customer support: If none of these steps work, you may need to contact TCL customer support for further assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and determine if any hardware repairs are necessary.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
DonovanZ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried the factory reset, bought a new power cable, and checked for software updates, changed the batteries in my remote. I even called tcl, they had no answers . Now I can’t get past the red startup screen before it reboots again

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @DonovanZ

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the constant rebooting of your Roku TV.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-When was the last time TV was used without issue
-When was the issue first noticed
-Is the issue popping up when you start the TV
-brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
DonovanZ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model number c110X

serial number X000003C13R5

Device ID  S041D01C13R5

Software version 11.5.0

last used March 19th with no issues

issue noticed March 19th (evening)

TV reboots itself over and over

TCL model 55S425

Tracker ID  R5-136-927

reboots itself within 5 minutes of being on, over and over again.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @DonovanZ 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your Roku TV constantly restarting.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted what you find out. If you need further assistance or have another inquiry, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DonovanZ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I kind of suspected a hardware issue. But now my Hisense Roku tv is doing the same thing. I noticed online that there is a new software version 12 but my tvs say 11.5.0. Could that be the issue?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DonovanZ 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that OS 12.0 has not been released to all devices and Roku TVs yet as it is being released over the coming months. If your Roku TV is still on OS 11.5, the newest OS would not be causing the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos