Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reggie6

Is there really no way to make MAX go away?

MAX has been buggy AF since they switched from HBO MAX. I want to delete and reinstall it to troubleshoot all the issues I'm having, but no. It's IMPOSSIBLE to remove. I even cancelled the subscription and they say "Keep enjoying it until the 21st." I haven't been enjoying it for months and now I CAN'T remove it until the billing cycle finally rolls around?

I am never subscribing to ANYTHING through Roku's channel store ever again. I deleted my credit card from their system, which is ANOTHER thing you can't do on the TV. You can ADD a payment method, but you can't delete it once it's in there. Have to go to the web page. This is making me want to get rid of all 3 of my Roku TVs now and get something that I have control over.

I'm about ready to go Elvis on this **bleep** TV.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there really no way to make MAX go away?

I haven't tried it myself since I don't subscribe to anything through Roku, but I've heard that you can use the Roku mobile app to remove an app.  Hold your finger on the icon until a menu pops up and you may see an option to remote it.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
bach3
Streaming Star

I’m having the same problem. I got a free trial subscription, cancelled the renewal and went to delete the Max app from my home page and there is no option to remove it.

Why? I’ve cancelled the renewal and don’t want it anymore.

I’m guessing an option to remove it will show up once the trial has expired, but that’s just a guess, and if correct is mildly annoying. It’s sort of like having a guy come to your house to sell you something, you say no thanks, and he hangs out on the sidewalk outside your house for the next week. Why, Roku?

0 Kudos
bach3
Streaming Star

@renojim wrote:

I haven't tried it myself since I don't subscribe to anything through Roku, but I've heard that you can use the Roku mobile app to remove an app.  Hold your finger on the icon until a menu pops up and you may see an option to remote it.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

I can confirm this works: download the official Roku app to iPad, connect it to the Roku device, tap and hold the Max app, and from there it gives an option to remove it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.