Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inappropriate ads for kids on adult shows

Watching the show Taken.  Almost all commercials on during the show during first season are targeted for pubescent  children.   Taken is an Adult show with killing, sex and violence, totally not right for ANY children to watch. So why have commercials for a show namely Lay Lay is at almost every commercial break?  Can anyone other than me see the implications of Grooming and child sexuality exploitation with such a match up? Please pay more attention to this.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Sbuch2010

Re: Inappropriate ads for kids on adult shows

Rookie of the year has commercials about vaginal bleeding is this really an appropriate commercial for a movie that is mostly for young boys?

0 Kudos

Re: Inappropriate ads for kids on adult shows

Unfortunately, there are more and more inappropriate ads for kids. I noticed it too while watching the TV with my daughter. They are increasingly targeting children and may harm them.  Some of them may be leading to childhood obesity, hurt their self-image, and increase use of tobacco products. Until now, I didn't discover a tool to block ads on TV. Yet, the guys from fosterplus.org suggested parents to discuss with their kids about the danger of ads. I did the same with my daughter. Besides, I installed a VPN on our computer to avoid any inappropriate content while she is using apps.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.