Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terty

If I have an older Roku tv, can I buy a stick so I can get AppleTV+?

Jump to solution

Basically says it all in the title. My roku tv is from 2014. I don't need or want a new tv but do have an AppleTV+ account that I cannot watch on tv. The app doesn't seem to be available. If I buy a stick, can I then watch it on my tv?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: If I have an older Roku tv, can I buy a stick so I can get AppleTV+?

Jump to solution

Hi @terty,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a query regarding using the Apple TV channel on your older Roku device. Please be aware that not all Roku streaming devices support the Apple TV channel. To help determine if your device in your country is compatible, you need to know the device model. To find this information, go to the home screen on your Roku device and select Settings > System > About.

You can visit our Roku Support article to help you determine the models that support the Apple TV channel.

Channel providers may choose to add additional support for more devices, so please feel free to follow up with the channel provider (Apple) directly to share your interest and inquire further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @terty,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a query regarding using the Apple TV channel on your older Roku device. Please be aware that not all Roku streaming devices support the Apple TV channel. To help determine if your device in your country is compatible, you need to know the device model. To find this information, go to the home screen on your Roku device and select Settings > System > About.

You can visit our Roku Support article to help you determine the models that support the Apple TV channel.

Channel providers may choose to add additional support for more devices, so please feel free to follow up with the channel provider (Apple) directly to share your interest and inquire further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

terty,

I would say Yes you are able to plug a streaming stick or other Roku box to that old RokuTV and it will work. I've set up streaming sticks and other Roku devices for other people by doing just that on a 2017 RokuTV that is in my home office. When I plug it in, the HDMI port will change its label to Roku (or something like that) so you can click that one to use the stick/device that supports AppleTV+ app.

You might want to set different wallpaper backgrounds on the RokuTV from the streaming stick so you know which one is primary at the moment. I got confused a couple times when setting up devices and forgot whether I was on the stick or the TV, cuz the home screens looked almost the same. 😁

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
JackAward
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, you can! Purchasing a Roku Streaming Stick or Roku Streaming Stick+ will allow you to access the Apple TV+ app on your older Roku TV. Just plug the Roku Streaming Stick into an available HDMI port on your TV, follow the setup instructions, and download the Apple TV+ app from the Roku Channel Store. Then, you can sign in with your Apple ID and start streaming Apple TV+ content.

0 Kudos