Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sen2
Reel Rookie

INSIGNIA ROKU TV not connecting with wifi suddenly today

I was watching roku streaming today and suddenly it appears that the wifi stopped connecting. the roku cannot even sense any wifi ( not ours, or our  neighbours) . 

I did a network reset, system reset, rebooted by wifi and router , our cable TV is working fine 

Is this from a software update to the roku ? Is there any other thing i could do to fix it . I removed all the hdmi cables etc as well to see if it will start to work . 

So frustrated. Also tried to download software to USB and the TV actually told me it has a newer update and i strongly suspect thats why the wifi is not working suddenly. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: INSIGNIA ROKU TV not connecting with wifi suddenly today

If you go into Settings->Network->About is the Wireless MAC address all zeros or does it say something like "missing"?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sen2
Reel Rookie

Hi 

it says your wireless MAC address Wi-Fi hardware missing 

but all my other devices - laptops , iPad and phone can all detect the Wi-Fi 

usually my Roku shows all the neighbors Wi-Fi as well - now it senses nothing - it’s very odd and I think Roku updated software and messed up with the Wi-Fi settings somehow 

0 Kudos
renojim

As long as it shows "hardware missing" it's never going to find any networks.  Try leaving it unplugged for a while.  I assume it's not still under warranty.  If it has an Ethernet port, a wired connection might be your best option.  Since it's a Best Buy brand, you might want to contact them.  Maybe they'd take a look at it.

0 Kudos
Sen2
Reel Rookie

Well after a couple of weeks I guess Roku fixed the software as it’s now sensing Wi-Fi. I got a fire stick as back up as I won’t buy another Roku if this keeps happening.!

0 Kudos
renojim

@Sen2, if you didn't have a network connection, how exactly did Roku update your software?  I suspect there's a loose connection in your TV and I wouldn't be surprised if the problem returns.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.