Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hartcolby
Streaming Star

How to get an update with Roku crashing issue

There is a 128 comments in for support does that tell anyone that ithere is a problem with the ROKU TV and I'm not saying onn I am talking about all Roku tv software I'm telling everyone here the company is not doing anything there at the business about it until they collect all there data from all 128 people if everyone sends what they want well why don't they go back to what they had before all the BUGS and then try to see what went wrong with what is going on WORK the problem... Or did everyone quit because they got tired of all run around we on this app knows there's an issue with your software so why don't they fixs the company... Is the company works on strike? 😂

20 REPLIES 20
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Hartcolby Do you have a specific problem?  I have three TCL Roku TVs and all three are working fine.  There are thousands of Roku TVs out so some problems are going to happen.  

0 Kudos
Hartcolby
Streaming Star

So your telling me that my 06 TV and my mom's brand new TV has nothing to whatever is going on with Roku TV I have tried every on YouTube and on this website and there's NOTHING you or anyone has given me that's fixed this FU*KiNG TV it sucks when I'm in a TV show or in a movie and all of a sudden my TV is off wouldn't you be pissed? There hasn't been nothing wrong up in till some point? What went wrong I'm not on the end of the computer to see that code to see it or know what to look at so. Or do they even care that's the real question because if there's just a few here I would wonder how many hasn't got on this website and complained that there tv is doing the same thing mine and my mom is or they don't know how to get on the website like my mom? How about that. So before you ask that question how about you ask your self I wonder if there's not just a few people out here not haven issues you keyboard warrior. You have a nice night 

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hartcolby @saturn2,

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue here in the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku TV. We'd like to know more about the issues that you are experiencing so we can further assist you. Please provide us with more details.

• Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content?
  • How are you powering your Roku TV?
  • How far is your Roku TV from your network router?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

What brand of roku TV did you buy? My oldest Roku TV is a Sharp is over 5 years old and don't remember the last time the tv has crashed or if the tv has ever crashed. I own 3 westinghouse Roku TVs and that has crashed 2 times when I was using apple tv. Apple TV is known to be of bugs. My westinghouse Roku TV is about 3 or 4 years old. T

0 Kudos
SallyBrown
Reel Rookie

Check this out. I've had the same 58" Hisense Roku TV for 2&1/2 yrs. (This is express version) dogs have destroyed many remotes, first one was Roku. I have used the mobile one for a year a and a half no problem. Other remotes, Firesticks. 

This last Firestick, somehow screwed up connection with TV, so I just get the Hisense Roku green flashing screen. BUT. IF I UNPLUG EVERYTHING it recognizes my device and I can use remote on phone for 5 seconds before it boots me out. 

The frustration of my phone and laptop telling me my 'device isn't recognized' but it's showing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME...

anyway.. I've been at this for 2, going on 3 days. I won't buy a remote from Roku. I don't need it. 

Guess what. The 'help' locked me out for a short period after explaining THAT was my only option (sending me to a link with unnecessary routers and remotes).. all I need is ACCESS to my OWN television!!! 

Yes. Something is unprofessional.

0 Kudos
Hartcolby
Streaming Star

So what is that information you have because these people on Roku won't tell us anything because this TV I have had for use it for years now and now I can't hardly Use it

0 Kudos
Hartcolby
Streaming Star

Got the same problems and it reboots and have to wipe it and reinstall or factory reinstalls there ify program idk there program is dumb if I use my firestick even it still freezes and restarts I don't think it's my Internet or remotes I think it's the programming but **bleep** what do I know 

0 Kudos
Hartcolby
Streaming Star

It's all of the programming and not one TV channels I have used my firestick along with this TV and still have this issue I really don't believe it is my Internet or remotes I believe it is your programming but when or how long will it take for this issue to be fixed well I'll put it like this I won't hold my breath. 

0 Kudos
saturn2
Binge Watcher

Roku needs to speak and not let some dumb robot admins tells us the same **bleep**

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.