Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShowMeSLO

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem and this worked for me too. Very troubling, I also just bought this TV in November. I'm not sure if I should be mad at the TV or Roku! 

0 Kudos
Ksummer

Jump to solution

Thank you!! I just started having this issue out of nowhere and following hour tip fixed it. Thank you thank you 🙏🏽 

0 Kudos
scooter4598
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The TV is my opinion! 

0 Kudos
suemo1947

Jump to solution

Thank you.  It worked.

0 Kudos
jalowe17

Jump to solution

We have the same problem. Owned ours for about 1 1/2 years. We found that turning the “Leveling” off on the volume setting fixes the problem.  

0 Kudos
HelixTypeX

Jump to solution

Hey guys just to let you know this happened to me and after a bunch of looking online I found no solution. However, I did find the fix. 

Go to home screen.

Settings

System

Advanced system settings

Factory reset

Reset tv audio/picture settings

Hit play/pause 3 times

And.....BAM! fixed😁

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Try seeing if a volume mode (in the options while media is playing) is turned on and set it to off it could be set to either night or leveling I noticed the same issue on my tv and switching it off seemed to solve the problem

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

same problem whith a TCL Roku TV 43S425

0 Kudos
scooter4598
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did intentionally have it set to "leveling" but once I lost all sound, I turned the volume mode off. 

0 Kudos
scooter4598
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

With so many people having the same issue, sounds to me like a manufacturer defect.