Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkirk225

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

TCL company and TV's are cheap Chinese crapola

have 65 inch TV owned 18 months and LED backlight just went out while watching.   They are so cheap they used cheap LED's that fail... how is that possible even cheap LED's in flashlights are almost indistructable.

Anyway they wire them all in series and when one light goes out all the LED backlights go out

Called TCL they said they would cover then just pulled the 1 year warranty garbage

Don't buy TCL don't buy any **bleep** from China.   TCL management assholes... lets shut them down send em back to Guanahgouz to suck Chairman Xi's remote.  

This company and these people are complete ASSHOLEs

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yea roku tvs are a pos. I mean you get what you pay for and honestly next time get the extended warrantee for like 40 for 5 years or whatever it is from wherever you get it and count that into the cost of the device. Mine lasted a year and change, just past the warrantee. I mean roku sucks anyways, I only got it because it was cheap and I could use my Apple TV with it. They are great if you get an extended warrantee to protect you from the shoddy qc the roku guys do. I know it’s all third party licensing but it is still on roku to properly validate. Personally I would not mind jumping on a class action, maybe it would help nudge certain people in the right direction quality control wise. 

0 Kudos

Re: Black screen onn roku tv

Jump to solution

LOOKS LIKE I'M HAVING THE SAME EXACT ISSUE THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS HAVING. A BRAND NEW ONN ROKO 70' TV, AND WITHIN 2 MONTHS THE SCREEN GOES DARK... IVE DONE ALL THE RESETS AND UNPLUGS AS EVERYONE ON YOUTUBE SUGGEST. THE HAPPIEST OF PURCHASING THIS TV WAS VERY SHORT LIVED. I AM NOW VERY DISAPPOINTED, NOT TO SAY, ANGERY AS WELL. I AM NOW INFORMING ANY AND ALL INDIVIDUALS WISHING OR THINKING OF BUYING A ONN ROKO TV "NOT TO DO SO"...  LOOK ON YOUTUBE AND YOU WILL SEE ALL THE DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS, INWHICH THERE IS WAY TOO MANY TO COUNT... HOPE THIS REACHES SOMEONES EARS AND EYES BEFORE THEY TOO, GET SCAMMED!!!!!!!! 

WApple8

Re: Roku Tv Black Screen With Sound

Jump to solution

Long time Roku customer here.  Since 2010.

I understand the sentiment from Roku regarding “we only provide the Roku software…”.  However,  Roku needs to understand the customer sentiment stating  “TCL is a poor product.   Stop providing your Roku software to disreputable company’s that manufacture poor products.”

Seriously,  if Roku is going to closely associate itself with a company such as TCL,  then Roku needs to understand that they will be panted with the same dirty brush.

Customers as asking Roku to find another company to base their software in.

OldeViewer
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix TCL Roku TV with black screen

Jump to solution

The change picture to Movie fixed this. Click the asterisk to bring up setting options. Arrow down to Picture settings and select. Arrow down to Movie and select. Didn’t need to unplug 5 minutes or follow unnecessary moderator and Roku employee make up an answer if you don’t know replies to contact Roku for help.  I found This solution further down the discussion but felt  a real answer needed to be at the beginning. FWIW, the screen was not “Black” more like black light blue and red. 

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I did what you said to do, and was gleeful that it seemed to have fixed the issue of the video disappearing, the information screen popping up, as well as the flipping back to the original station, as we scroll through the hundreds of other channels on the menu. However, at one point, one of those issues happened again. When I checked the menu, I found that Movie was no longer selected, but one of the other categories. So I clicked it again, set it to Movie, and things seemed to again, work ok. 

Well, about a day later, all the old issues began happening again. I checked the settings, and yes, it was still set to Movie.... So, it's obviously not been a real fix, at least on my TCL Roku TV...

0 Kudos
Shiloh17
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This YouTube link appears to solve a whole lot of these problems. I'm still troubleshooting and hopeful.

There are MANY positive replies that it works. Good Luck!

Black Screen / Flickering / No Picture on TCL Roku TV? 3 Easy Fixes! - YouTube

Shiloh17
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The above link didn't fix mine, but this link showed me what my problem is - backlighting.

I verified by holding a strong light next to the screen and saw words.

So I will get the parts and do it myself.

TCL 55" Roku TV, light on bottom flashes but no picture. Model 55S401 tv repair. - YouTube

Mpbailon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I have tried everything, and from the looks of it, your tvs suck and support sucks, I have had my samsung tv for 9 years and no problems, TCL TV, did not make it past 2 years 

0 Kudos
Mpbailon
Reel Rookie

Re: Black screen, not working

Jump to solution

It seems to be only the TCL brand, people are wasting money on this brand and making Roku look really bad since no one offers a solution 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.