Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mpbailon
Reel Rookie

Re: Black screen, not working

Jump to solution

No, it did not work 

0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

@Mpbailon welcome to the club of pissed off TCL purchasers. It might be a small consolation but Costco quit carrying this brand.

Aly2

Jump to solution

I did the 5-10 minute thing for my tv but it doesn’t work. I’ve tried everything and got the same result every time. My screen is black unless you shine a flashlight on it. (Audio is fine) idk what to do 😕

0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You are screwed. TCL knows about this problem and keeps selling these TVs anyways. They will do nothing to help. Lots of people have been trying to hold them accountable for a few years now. We got them kicked out of Costco but other stores are still carrying the brand.

Chickadee856
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm here to report that my 2-year-old TCL 55-in Roku TV has The black screen. Audio is still okay. I can hear the remote beeps when I hit the home button etc etc. Volume button still work on the remote. But the screen is completely black. I have tried everything suggested. Nothing works. Very disappointed.

0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Chickadee856 

Sorry to hear you’re part of this disgruntled group now. Read the above posts… TCL has known about this problem for years and continues to sell these units and not support or replace them.

wildchildofgod
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Roku danny, you know that plugging and unplugging does not work. It's the backlight, these are cheap TVs and the back light goes out often. They're junk TVs. You're basically going to have to purchase another backlight and have it put in which will cost more than the TV is worth, or buy another TV. Roku Danny is lying to you
Bill E.
0 Kudos
wildchildofgod
Binge Watcher

Re: How to fix TCL Roku TV with black screen

Jump to solution

65" TCL Roku TV from Walmart- model 65S421 (purchased 10/2020) 

Screen went black death for the SECOND TIME today in under 2 yrs! ! It was a few days away from being out of warranty the first time, so it was barely 11 months the first time the screen went out. They sent the tech out and fixed it because it was still under manufacturer's warranty. That was September of last year. Here it is just a few months later, not even a full year, and the same thing has happened again. Black screen, tried all of the normal options to fix it, finally factory reset it, power off power on, nothing! Sound works. Barely. TCL makes a **bleep** TV. Spoke to TCL again (funny enough it was the same lady I spoke to last year) & she ran me through all of the steps she has to put you through, just to tell me it's the backlight again and they can't replace it or fix it. Nor would they send another tech out, even if I paid for it. That really pissed me off! They won't replace/repair it even if you pay them? WTF? And of course I can't afford several hundred dollars every couple of years to keep buying TVs that go out in less than a year. This is why Walmart should be banned in the US. Knowingly selling cheap ass foreign made garbage that lasts a minimal timeframe, long enough to get your money & have American consumers believing they're buying sturdy, dependable, worthwhile products that last. And none of this is true. Sam Walton would roll in his Arkansas grave if he knew what they'd done to his life's work & to the American people who made Walmart what it was. But idk what to do now. I've got a big useless black-screened paper weight staring me in the face with a proud TCL logo

Bill E.
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @wildchildofgod

Thanks for the inquiry!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer - TCL to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. In addition, Roku TV remotes are solely manufactured by TCL. They'll be the best ones to help regarding your issue.

You can contact them here: TCL Support or call them at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
wildchildofgod
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
You obviously did not even read my statement. It clearly says in there that I contacted the manufacturer twice. What an a hole. Keeping up appearances? Making it look like I'm not taking care of things on my end according to Roku specs? Yeah, I doubt my comment will even get posted where others can actually read it. Roku doesn't want people knowing the truth of what they're doing. It's obvious by all this fake support Roku Personnel keep posting telling people to contact the manufacturer are turning the unit off and on and that works for most people. Right! If that worked people wouldn't be on here looking for Solutions. I'm done with Roku and I'm done with you. Please don't give me any other lies in the guise of actual support or help. I have enough BS to deal with trying to come up with a new TV now.
Bill E.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.