Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ts3434

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

I’ve been having the same issue.  Here’s what worked...I unplugged the television for 5 minutes, plugged it back in, and it fixed the issue!

Good luck!

0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well then that clearly was not the same issue everyone else has experienced. You had a software glitch, not a complete screen failure. 

0 Kudos
DJSV
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the same issue!! Black screen on my TCL 55R617 model. 
sound plays but TV has no picture.
I’ve had it a little over a year with barely any use on it and it’s been in the retail box for 6 months while I was out of state. So I called TCL did all the troubleshooting and nothing worked. TV is dead. I’m very upset I spent so much money on this unit and I’m not helped at all by TCL!!

TCL customer support was horrendous. Will not purchase another product from them. A shame cause I really like ROKU interface.

12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I feel the same way. The Roku interface is awesome but the television itself is total garbage. Too bad Roku won’t step up. 

DJSV
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Really sucks we all have the same issue and TCL does nothing to rectify the situation. 

Mk77impala

Jump to solution

RokuDanny the whole unplug for 10 min. Doesn't work. This is the worst tv i have ever owned. This is what happens when u try to save 60 bucks. Really sad how tcl treats their costumers. Will never buy again. Reporting to bbb

12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@lucasomerhaald you are full of it 

0 Kudos
DJSV
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree

0 Kudos
Maak

Jump to solution

It's not the LEDs, they are obviously still lit or the screen wouldn't be a shade of gray when turned on. It's the LCD screen that's bad.

0 Kudos
Maak

Jump to solution

It's NOT the LEDs or you wouldn't get a gray screen when it's turned on. It's the LCD portion of the panel that's going bad. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.