Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Some Community users have reported that they unplugged their Roku TV for 5-10 minutes then plugged it back in and the issue was resolved. We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing.

If you are still experiencing an issue, we would suggest contacting TCL to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them via website here, or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R This is not a solution.
You keep posting this solution and it keeps not working. You also keep referring to TCL support even though everyone has mentioned TCL support did nothing to help. 

Do you even read these posts? The complaint has nothing to do with the Roku OS. Everyone loved the Roku OS. The complaint is that Roku is partnering with a television manufacturer that sells garbage. 

DJSV
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

100% spot on!!! I don’t think they are reading the posts.

unplugging the TV for a set amount of time does not work to solve the problem. And TCL support we have all tried they have done zero to help! They are the worst company to deal with. I hope ROKU cuts ties with them.

Kashmier95

Black screen

Jump to solution

My Roku tv screen has been blacked out for two weeks now , you can hear the lady talking but all black screen , today it acted as if it wanted to come on & reset but it eventually just still went black what do I do. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Black screen

Jump to solution

What brand?  Roku does not manufacture TV sets.  How old is the set?  Is it under waranty?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kashmier95 

Thanks for the post.

Some Community users have reported that they unplugged their Roku TV for 5-10 minutes then plugged it back in and the issue was resolved. We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing.

If you are still experiencing an issue, we would suggest contacting your TV manufacturer to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R you are useless. The unplugging fix DOES NOT WORK!!!
Why do you post the same nonsense over and over??

Patrick-M
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Must be a TCL employee making light of the situation. TCL should man up and admit their TV's are junk. Curious how many of those Chinese made tv's have failed within the first two years. Are there any out there that are over two years old. I doubt it. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated in my previous reply, if unplugging and plugging in your TV does not resolve the issue, we would suggest contacting TCL to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Comityguy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a ~10 month old JVC TV. The support link to JVC does not work, just like my Roku TV, and your advice. Unplugging/resetting the TV does nothing. Using Roku’s reset code sequence does nothing. I’m still waiting to hear from Walmart tech support. I own 8 Roku devices/products, and this is the 2nd one (sound bar) that’s defective. I won’t be buying another one. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.