Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick-M
Channel Surfer

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

I contacted TCL support. After asking personal questions that had nothing to do with the tv. they just said it was out of warranty, sorry. I went through all the reset procedures, but no help. No screen, no sound. Nothing at all but for the light on the bottom, which did blink when I tried to turn it on. It's now in pieces in the trash. All it seems to be worth.

Patrick-M
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree with you 100%. I had the same experience with TCL. I haven't purchased a replacement yet, but I would miss the Roku tv application. But will never, ever purchase another TCL. They were also rude and insulting when during my conversation with them for help.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Icyflower 

Thanks for the post.

Some Community users have reported that they unplugged their Roku TV for 5-10 minutes then plugged it back in and the issue was resolved. We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

my tv is 1.5 years and just the other day turned on and black ,, we it dose have blue tiont tp it but still nothing .. bs if ya ask me ,, my 70 in vizo 5 years old np.. wtf tlc?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@easyroot420 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, some Community users have reported that they unplugged their Roku TV for 5-10 minutes then plugged it back in and the issue was resolved. Have you tried that to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Desertstop
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just an update on my 75" Series 6 TCL Roku TV: Since Mid August I did work with the TCL warranty department. They were very good at getting back to me when asked and kept me informed through emails. They sent a repair service out to my home twice in a four week period with no luck fixing the TV. They then decided to have my TV picked up and they sent me a reimbursement check for my purchase. Bottom line, as long as you are still under the manufactures warranty and you have all of your purchasing paperwork,  they will take care of you, but they are having an issue with this particular TV and now I see it discontinued on the Best Buy website. 

Desertstop
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried this fix and it worked at first, but a week later I had the same black screen problem and this fix didn't work. I ended up going to TCL for warranty service.

Nydene
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Glad to hear your tv was still under warranty and it was taken care of. My extended warranty was 5 days past and useless. I tried everything that was suggested by fellow bloggers and responses. Although a Roku tv is great in theory and I loved my tv, someone else needs to make them. 
I can’t keep plunking down $500 for a tv am every 3-4 years.

12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

TCL TVs are total garbage. I no longer use Roku after my $500 TCL television had the “black screen” failure at 18 months. TCL acts like they’ve never heard of the issue even though there are 1,000’s of identical complaints on the Consumer Reports and Better Business Bureau websites.

Now I do not use a Roku device since neither Roku or TCL seem to care about correcting this problem. 

Simplyjonjonjon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Drop the brightness down on your tv to stop the black screen or screen flickering. My tv is dimmer but still running strong. Just not on brightest setting