Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rlbrown65

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

I have the TCL Model:50S421 Smart TV with ROKU, I have talked to TCL, unfortunately my TV is less than 2 years old and I didn’t buy extended warranty. I figured I would contact ROKU since they are partnering with them and see if I can get resolution but cannot find a direct way to contact customer service, so I’m here in the community. I would not recommend the TCL brand and I may be getting rid of my 6 ROKU devices if they are going to continue to partner with junk products.

ROKU please feel free to contact me; [personal information removed]

Rlbrown65

Jump to solution

I am curious, does ROKU care who they partner with, as a consumer, i shop for value, when i product i already use in my home, ROKU, partners with a TV, which i was in the market for, i figure i know ROKU product and i am pleased, don't know much about TCL, surely it is a good product? I would think this would drag you down as a company partnering with basicially disposable TV's.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rlbrown65 

Thanks for the information.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Splib

Re red logo page screen flash then black ?

Jump to solution

Roku 4K 65" .. smelled a smell this morning like an electrical fire, no smoke or fire, just a burnt smell. wasn't the neighbors and smoke detector didn't go off,  I turned on the tv and nothing but a flash of the red logo page then black, tried the reset procedures, still the logo flash then black, unplugged, reset factory blah blah, blah, logo flash black screen. Thx TCL just when I was happy at 4K everything. I only use as bigger laptop monitor, no cable no thx, just hmdi connection, prior some times the screen came on w pink hue in the last two weeks, restarted the computer and normal.. maybe the Hdmi cable failed or caused the failure for the screen. disconnected the tcl from laptop, laptop fine, tv black after logo flash... I will be in the hammock waiting for a solution aloha to all.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Re red logo page screen flash then black ?

Jump to solution

@Splib 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bella0212

Jump to solution
What is the solution??  It states it was solved.  

Contact Roku??

My Tv was 13 months old and it was sitting in the box for half that time, but they state from purchase.

[personal information removed]

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bella0212 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dm5

Jump to solution

Hi Danny

Black screen yet there's volume .

Happened about 13 months after installing, not purchasing 

Bella0212 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dm5 

Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that unplugging their TV for 5-10 minutes and then powering the TV back on resolved their issue. Have you tried to see if that works for you?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Here is what I received directly from customer support at TCL Customer Care.  It worked for me now all is working.  Hope this helps.

We are sorry to hear about your viewing experience being affected as the television is showing an issue with its display, rest assured that we are here to help. 

For us to isolate the issue, please provide answers to the following questions:

1. Drain the power of the TV. 
       a. Turn the TV off and unplug it from the outlet. 
       b. Press and hold the TV Power button on the bottom surface of the TV for 15 seconds. 
       c. Turn the TV on again. 
2. Turn on the TV using the physical power button underneath the TCL Logo. 
3. Using the TCL Roku Remote, press the home button twice. 
4. Perform a hard reset while the TV is turned on. Please take note that this resets the TV to its factory default and clears the Roku account in the TV.
    a. Locate the reset button at the back of the TV near the ports.
    b. Press and hold it down for 15 secs while the TV is plugged into the outlet and turned on.

Please be advised that the manufacturer's warranty only covers one (1) year from the date of purchase. In case none of the steps worked, you may contact your retailer for the second year warranty of the TV. 

Thank you!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.