Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knc
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Roku TCL TV that's stuck on recovery mode screen

Jump to solution

I had this exact same issue. Tell you what to do in order to fix it. Unplug tv. Take it outside and blow the inside out with some air. Make sure to blow the power cord port out too of any dust dirt or debris. Take it back inside hold power button for 30 seconds and power on.

0 Kudos
Knc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

But also keep in mind roku is only the software manufacturer and not the television manufacturer. So the help roku can give is very limited.

0 Kudos
illtww
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My $20 replaced main board has been working great for the past year! 

Sarisela

Jump to solution

I pushed the reset button and left it off for 2 hours. I also tried connecting to a mobile hotspot to finish update before I connected to original Wi-Fi. It will not exit the recovery mode. What do I do? 

0 Kudos
Knc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@illtww wrote:

My $20 replaced main board has been working great for the past year! 

Did you get board from roku or manufacturer?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sarisela

Thanks for the post.

For more information about Recovery Mode on your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: Fix your frozen Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
illtww
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

ebay!

0 Kudos
jpadanil
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've been experiencing the same issues you have been for the past week and today, I found the following on YouTube and did the following that someone else and it actually worked!!

5/14/2022 we were having the same problem. I pressed the reset button 5-7 consecutive times really fast and on the last press I held the button in for about 5 seconds. When it restarted (purple screen was gone) and the tv started updating automatically. Once updated I was able to reload my apps. So far so good. Hope this helps someone because I was ready to pull out my hair.

Kela, Thank you so much for posting this!! I did it and it finally restarted and let me set up the Roku TV like when I first got it...crazy that this is what it took to make it work. Joe
0 Kudos
NJRICKEN

Jump to solution

This doesn’t work!!!  Now what 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NJRICKEN,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos