Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forgetthis

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen I GOT IT FIXED

Jump to solution

ALL these post should be reposted to Amazon product review to help other victims, such as myself, avoid making the same mistake of purchasing this TV.

Honestly if this company had any shred of business ethics...or even acumen for that matter...they would do a full factory recall for all the recent models and fix this issue before the brand tanks under the weight of their own negligence. SMFH

mscully
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE! Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

On 1.11.21 I had an outsourced tv tech come to my place to change out the Powerboard. He says you can find this on eBay just make sure you have correct tv model of course. He says the issue should be fixed now. Mine is still in the 1 yr warranty but I also bought 3 yr warranty at the time of purchase. If this happens again Sam’s can have it back.

New power board being installed by tech  (green far left)New power board being installed by tech (green far left)

Old powerboard removed here (far left)Old powerboard removed here (far left)

mscully
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My advice is to buy a new power board from eBay for cheap and have it replaced. This is what the tech who changed mine  told me Monday. 

Ct21

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

I have same problem, tried the mobile hotspot and just like the post it keeps coming back to purple recovery screen. It's not on interweb, I'm hooked up to Dish. I've had it for a little over a year and can't watch it, I've left it unplugged for days and the same thing happens. I can't even get a pawn shop to take it. Never again will I buy one of these TV's

Sid2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mines started working again. Idk after a week of purple recovery mode. It went to the home screen. But I sold it. I dont want the headache. Idk how to fix it. It just fixed itself. Sorry wish I have more knowledge on this. But I don't. Hopefully someone will find a solution. No more Roku for me. 

Carolyn5

Jump to solution

I cant get my TCL Roku TV out of recovery mode I have done everything reset unplugged nothing it's brand new TV 6 months old

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Carolyn5 wrote:

I cant get my TCL Roku TV out of recovery mode I have done everything reset unplugged nothing it's brand new TV 6 months old

It should still be under warranty. TCL will have to fix or replace. If TCL balks, file a complaint with the FTC and your state AG. The way Roku's marriage to TVs is just a licensing deal, it creates a "nobody's responsible" condition. The TV manufacturers say everything is Roku's fault (which I agree with, even if it's just Roku's over-optimism about supporting so much hardware variety in brands/models/revisions). Roku blames the tv manufacturer (or ignores the customer completely).

I found a list of ironic quotes from Roku's CEO:

“When I wake up in the morning I don’t think about our competitors. I’m focused on how can we make our experience better, how can we allow our partners to make more money; how can we get scale on our platform.” (Anthony Wood, Our Goal Is To Power Every TV In The World, CNBC Sep 28, 2017). 

You have to wonder if he really believes what he's saying, or he knows it's all about scale. It's obvious the customer experience doesn't matter.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Sid2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Try removing ur account from tv and try it again. I think that's what work for me. Go to ur roku account on the web. Hopefully itll help 

mscully
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Call TCL & file a claim. You are within warranty. They will need a clear picture of the purple scene for proof. 

mscully
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good idea! I wrote a review on Sam’s.