Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoxannB

How to change Roku TV settings from US to Canada

Jump to solution

I bought my Sharp Roku TV in the US but I live in Canada. How do I change the country associated with it?  I cant access Canadian apps / channels as it thinks I am out of the range!  Roku channels don't work for this same reason.  🙂

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to change Roku TV settings from US to Canada

Jump to solution

@RoxannB 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels aren't appearing in Search that are supposed to be in that region, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where those channels may not be offered by the channel provider.

1. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account.
  2. We would also recommend creating a new account in your current region if this is the case to see if it resolves your issue. For more information about creating a new Roku account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account?
  3. Once you have a new account set up in your correct region, try to perform a factory reset on your Roku TV, by pressing and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, regardless of what is happening on your screen. For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

After the Roku TV has been factory reset, you can link the TV to your new Roku account that you just created.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RoxannB 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels aren't appearing in Search that are supposed to be in that region, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where those channels may not be offered by the channel provider.

1. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account.
  2. We would also recommend creating a new account in your current region if this is the case to see if it resolves your issue. For more information about creating a new Roku account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account?
  3. Once you have a new account set up in your correct region, try to perform a factory reset on your Roku TV, by pressing and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, regardless of what is happening on your screen. For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

After the Roku TV has been factory reset, you can link the TV to your new Roku account that you just created.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marty02346
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have done a factory reset and changed my email address and entered my Canadian credit card.

I still can not enter a Canadian postal code or get Canadian programing. What would be the problem ?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Marty02346, I'm just guessing, but it's possible that when you created the new account it's still a US account.  It's far to easy to confuse the process.

If you sign into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com and then go to https://channelstore.roku.com does the "Country selector" in the bottom right corner of the page display "United States"?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Marty02346
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It it shows Canada (English)

0 Kudos
Marty02346
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It shows Canada(english)

0 Kudos
Marty02346
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I used a new email address but it was still originally created in the US. could that be the problem ? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Marty02346, that could definitely be the problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos