Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandyAlcorn
Reel Rookie

How do you get your gaming consoles to connect?

I have done about everything the internet has to offer and I still can’t get my PlayStation 4 or Nintendo switch to pull up on this TV. Anyone have anything new?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do you get your gaming consoles to connect?

Are you referring to a Roku TV? Those come from a multitude of manufacturers. But they all have at least a single HDMI input, and I would expect your game console to offer an HDMI output. But you need to provide some additional information, such as the make and model of your TV.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RandyAlcorn
Reel Rookie

Hisense LED LCD MODEL NO:75R6E4

PS4/Nintendo switch won’t connect. Says no signal. Plugged my Xbox one in and it connects perfectly. Used the HDMI from the Xbox on PlayStation and switch and still nothing. When I plug in the switch, tv doesn’t even recognize it. Plug in the PS4 TV recognizes it but doesn’t display anything. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Since the XBox connects, there's no apparent issue with your HDMI input on the TV. Why the other consoles won't work, I have no idea. It sounds like they are not correctly providing a supported resolution/framerate that matches the TV. You might try connecting them to a different TV and ensure their video output is set on Auto, so it will recognize the available resolutions of the TV. HDMI controls that, but the device you connect has to be set correctly.

There doesn't appear to be a problem with your TV. But since it was manufactured by Hisense, they are the ones that would provide any assistance if there is something amiss. Roku merely provides the operating system to Hisense. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.