Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaOff
Channel Surfer

How do you connect a Roku streaming sound bar SE to a tcl Roku tv to just use as a speaker?

Jump to solution

I connected the new soundbar SE to my Roku tv, got the speaker to work, but the streaming screen overrides my Roku tv streaming screen. How do I connect it just to use it as a speaker, not a streaming device?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do you connect a Roku streaming sound bar SE to a tcl Roku tv to just use as a speaker?

Jump to solution

@KaOff 

Go into the Roku TV settings and refresh the cec devices:

settings> system> control other devices CEC> search cec devices> ok

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tivoburkee

Re: How do you connect a Roku streaming sound bar SE to a tcl Roku tv to just use as a speaker?

Jump to solution

By stop using the Streambar SE remote, only use Roku tv remote. Using the SE remote even just to power on the Roku tv will land you on the Streambar SE home screen. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
KaOff
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for replying. I had tried that before and just checked again, but there is no sound. I checked the settings and it does show it is connected to the HDMI e-arc. And, since I couldn’t get it to work I paired my upgraded tv remote with the Streambar screen and now I don’t see the option to remove it. I have to use my Roku phone app to control my Roku tv. Appreciate the help. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@KaOff 

Use the cellphone app to get the Roku tv to remote option:

settings> remote & devices> add new device> remote> now follow prompts to get the upgrade TV remote paired to the tv again. 

Once paired to new Roku device it won't control the Streambar SE anymore. 

Edmund

KaOff
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Got the tv remote working on the tv again. Thank you! Now just need to get the sound working. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@KaOff 

Go into the Roku TV settings and refresh the cec devices:

settings> system> control other devices CEC> search cec devices> ok

Edmund

RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KaOff,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community about the no-audio issue with your Roku Streambar SE. We're here to help!

To get a better understanding of the situation, could you tell us what options you see when you navigate to Settings > Audio > Audio output on your Roku Streambar SE?

Additionally, have you had a chance to try the troubleshooting steps outlined in our Roku Support FAQ? You can find them here: Roku Support FAQ.

We look forward to hearing from you and helping you get the sound back on track!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
KaOff
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you! I did as you recommended, but I found out I had it set other the wrong audio setting.  😳  It is working now. 

KaOff
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did have it on the working audio setting. Thank you! Issue is resolved. 

genman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Would the same solution work on a Sony Bravia 3 tv?  ROKU defaults/overrides TV.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.