Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoebiusFan
Reel Rookie

How do I view Private Messages?

Jump to solution

I've received a couple of PM from moderators.  I can see them in my email, but nit in the Roku site.

When I get to the PM screen, all I see is a drop down box to select either Incoming or Sent.  If I click on either option I see my screen refresh but do not see any msgs.  I can create and send a msg, but cannot view it afterwards.

I'm using Android with Duck Duck Go browser.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Mobiusfan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I view Private Messages?

Jump to solution

PMs are only visible here in the Community forum. You can't see them on a device or on your Roku user account web page. 

Here in the community there's an icon top right that is just to the left of your user icon that looks like an envelope. Click that to access your private messages. I will say that on some browsers the message window doesn't look the best, such as Chrome that I use. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

Can you try requesting the desktop site?  There should be an option somewhere in the browser's settings.

I am not a Roku employee.
atc98092

Jump to solution

PMs are only visible here in the Community forum. You can't see them on a device or on your Roku user account web page. 

Here in the community there's an icon top right that is just to the left of your user icon that looks like an envelope. Click that to access your private messages. I will say that on some browsers the message window doesn't look the best, such as Chrome that I use. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The message window in private messages is a joke. It's so tiny you can barely read anything and it makes it harder to type out responses. I have to type out my message elsewhere and then copy and paste it into the small chat window. After you submit your message it also deletes all the spaces you put in between your paragraphs to make it look neat.

So the submitted message here looks like one long run on paragraph jumbled together. Whoever designed it to function this way is a complete idiot and it's absolutely unacceptable that nobody has fixed this. The private message box should be just as large as it is here when replying on forum topics.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.