Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b1agger

How do I screen mirror my iPhone to Roku TV?

Jump to solution

just bought a Roku TV and I want to share my iPhone screen with it. I've heard about screen mirroring but I'm not sure how to set it up. Can someone help me understand the steps to mirror my iPhone to my Roku TV? I would appreciate a simple explanation so I can start watching my phone's videos and apps on my big TV screen.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I screen mirror my iPhone to Roku TV?

Jump to solution

Hi, @b1agger

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Congrats on your new Roku TV. Let's go ahead and set up screen mirroring from your iPhone to the Roku TV. Apple AirPlay lets you stream, control, and share content from your iPhone to your Roku TV. You can watch movies and TV shows and mirror exactly what you see on your Apple device. Follow the steps below to successfully set the Airplay:

Before you can use AirPlay with your Roku device, check that your Apple device and Roku device are on the same wireless network. Once they are, you can use the steps below to view content on your TV using AirPlay.

1. Go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit and make sure AirPlay is set to On.
  2. On your Apple device, find the video, song, photo, or podcast you wish to share.
  3. Tap or click the AirPlay video icon in video apps or the AirPlay audio icon in music and other audio apps.
  4. Select your Roku device from the AirPlay menu.

Note: With some apps, you may need to tap or click the Share icon before you will see the AirPlay icon

Once playback begins, you can pause, fast forward, and rewind from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or you can use your Roku remote. When you want to stop streaming with AirPlay, you can press Home on your Roku remote.

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device

We hope that you find this information useful, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I screen mirror my iPhone to Roku TV?

Jump to solution

Hi, @b1agger

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Congrats on your new Roku TV. Let's go ahead and set up screen mirroring from your iPhone to the Roku TV. Apple AirPlay lets you stream, control, and share content from your iPhone to your Roku TV. You can watch movies and TV shows and mirror exactly what you see on your Apple device. Follow the steps below to successfully set the Airplay:

Before you can use AirPlay with your Roku device, check that your Apple device and Roku device are on the same wireless network. Once they are, you can use the steps below to view content on your TV using AirPlay.

1. Go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit and make sure AirPlay is set to On.
  2. On your Apple device, find the video, song, photo, or podcast you wish to share.
  3. Tap or click the AirPlay video icon in video apps or the AirPlay audio icon in music and other audio apps.
  4. Select your Roku device from the AirPlay menu.

Note: With some apps, you may need to tap or click the Share icon before you will see the AirPlay icon

Once playback begins, you can pause, fast forward, and rewind from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or you can use your Roku remote. When you want to stop streaming with AirPlay, you can press Home on your Roku remote.

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device

We hope that you find this information useful, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.