Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
p-b

Re: How do I remove Roku tv channels from my OTA guide

Jump to solution

I confirm @Agent99's observation: the "hide streaming checkbox" is now being ignored (1/12/2024), and I have a ridiculous pile of garbage channels in my OTA list. If I wanted that I'd install the Roku app.

I get it, Roku execs, you like the ad revenue. But don't eff with my setup, and don't ignore your own settings! You know there are plenty of other smart TV options, right?

Agent99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Will never buy another roku....

phlyphish

Jump to solution

Seeing same results as of 1/10/24 update. The "Hide Streaming Channels" option on Live TV Settings is being ignored.

I was a programmer for 40 years and this kind of F*** up doesn't happen by accident. Or, if so, the programmer needs to be fired. If it was on purpose, for some incomprehensibly moronic reason, then the decision maker needs to be fired. If it's just the same old general Roku **bleep**, then we all need to boycott this kind idiocy and never buy anything Roku again.

The biggest issue is that previous inaccessible "mature" streaming channels became available for everyone to view without any way for parents to know it happened.

Completely irresponsible, reckless, and impetuous behavior on behalf of Roku. Especially since it's been more than two days without any acknowledgment of the problem or effort to rectify it.

Neilio715
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny, but this does not solve.  Mine was already selected.  I unselected and reselected and the streaming channels still appear in the guide

drmdolfan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Looks like they are trying to compete with garbage Vizio’s worst local TV control ever.  I can’t believe how anti consumer these companies are that they can take over control of local OTA channel lineup.  I hope they fix this.

Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Been there, done that, streaming channels still show on ota guide. Another reason to never buy a Roku set again. 

0 Kudos
beantownsouth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same topic started again in the "Streaming Players" forum. Roku, every time you do this you get nothing but flack for it. The owners of your product have continually spoken out against it. Yet here we are, like clock work, filling threads with needless issues. And the issue was no one's fault but your own. There is a saying about doing the same thing over and over again, and getting the same results, you might be....

FIX IT AND LEAVE THE OTA CHANNEL GUIDE ALONE!!!!

0 Kudos
Deborah5

Jump to solution

I agree.  I have several Roku TVs but this will be my last if this problem persists. I do not want to spend all day manually removing all those 1100+ channels to get back to just what  I had.

Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Here is the Roku person to contact. Sent him my opinion back last year with the removal of channel numbers. Blast his mail box and tell him we know what we want and it is not playing with our setups that we are already happy with. They seem to believe that they know better than we do what we want! 

Preston Smalley <PSmalley@roku.com>

Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Spoiler
Your solution does not work .. five attempts later still does not work. Just like your resolution to no channel numbers did not work cause it was a test that sorely failed! 
0 Kudos