Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burrows20
Binge Watcher

Re: How do I hide channels on OTA guide?

Jump to solution

Seems to be a glitch, the channels keep showing up periodically, there are actually a few I like.  Is there a way to have a favorite channel, so I don’t have to go through all **bleep** channels? 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

No, there's no way to set a OTA or IP channel as a favorite. Roku did away with that several years ago, and despite continuous complaints about it nothing has changed.  

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Burrows20 wrote: Is there a way to have a favorite channel, so I don’t have to go through all **bleep** channels? 

I have "Favorites" back for antenna TV after factory resetting (especially telling it I would setup the network later, but never did). Without internet access (and the untested software updates), I'm streaming through HDMI using a Firestick Lite. Pluto (speculated on this forum as being Roku's source of streaming channels which the already not-so-accessible antenna tv was burdened with) is available with both favorites & the ability to hide unwanted Pluto channels.

Firestick Lite's remote works with Sofabaton's F2 universal.  So, that's not as bad as having two remotes.

AFAICT, that's about as good as it gets without buying a new (non-Roku) TV. Passing it along.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

One other comment. You can scroll through the channel guide much faster by using the << and >> buttons to move a page at a time. Significantly faster than one line at a time.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Burrows20 wrote:

Seems to be a glitch, the channels keep showing up periodically, there are actually a few I like.  Is there a way to have a favorite channel, so I don’t have to go through all **bleep** channels? 

From the testing I've been doing, there is a specific set of conditions under which they show back up. Here is a description of when they show back up:

Following a System reset, or, assuming Fast TV Start is turned off, and the TV is set to go to LIVE TV upon power up, the set will power up with a flaw in the channel changing routine.   The first sign of this is that the first channel change (by up/down button) following the start will always go to a lower numbered channel, even if the UP button was pressed.  When in this state, the streaming channels will appear in the channel sequence when it attempts to wrap around from lowest to highest, or highest to lowest.  It will remain there until either the Channel Guide is selected by using the LEFT arrow, or by going to the HOME screen and then back to the LIVE TV state.

drmdolfan
Reel Rookie

Re: How to remove streaming channels from my Live tv channel

Jump to solution

What I learned is that you have to do a RESTART after you uncheck the streaming channels from the settings.  Turning the TV off and back on will not reset the lineup back to the OTA even the setting is unchecked.

0 Kudos
Head_Unit
Binge Watcher

Re: How do I remove Roku tv channels from my OTA guide

Jump to solution

(1) The answer "If you wish to only show over-the-air TV listings in the guide" is incomplete since it does not explain how to hide OTA listings

(2) The process to hide OTA listings takes a number of steps...and if you linger too long on one channel in the edit list (easy to do because some are slow to tune in), it tunes to that and takes you out of the hiding menu. That SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS, because then you have to go back to home and through all the menus all over again, it's tedious. Why on Earth does it do that? There is no sensible reason for it PLEASE FIX

(3) Also it is not clear at all where to post feedback like that

Other than that we LOVE how the Roku TVs (we have like 6 now) let us use ONE remote. 

0 Kudos
pjc87guy

Jump to solution

go to home/settings/tvinputs/livetv/manage channels/edit channels      and click on channels you want to eliminate.

0 Kudos
Austinsus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Removing channels one by one is a ridiculous premise. The option to “hide streaming” channels also exists. The channel guide on Roku  is jacked.  It displays incorrect channel information and the guide stays on the page rather than closing and allowing you to watch the channel.  I’d rather not even have a guide than have all these new issues.  Also, why is HBOMax not playing nice with Roku onRokuTV?  They only support the streaming devices.  I hope we don’t have the same issue with Max.  I will have to leave roku tv. 

0 Kudos
Agent99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Does not work 

0 Kudos