Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JG2020
Reel Rookie

Horizontal lines in picture after update

I was trying to think of everything in fixing the lines issue and when I turned off the bandwidth saver the lines almost completely left the screen except for a glitch here or there. Subsequently I tried resuming a movie and kept getting a protected content error. I stream only, there is nothing hooked up. Left the tv unplugged all night and it takes about 2 hours for the line glitches to start. The longer the tv runs the worse it gets. Could the power cord need replaced? Also there has been no updates to the Roku since May of this year. Confirming my glitch started after update as well. Already took the back of, was clean as a whistle. So I’m still troubleshooting this down the lines of possibly heat, power source or needs updates. Anyone else have thoughts? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Horizontal lines in picture after update

Hi @JG2020,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with an issue that you're experiencing. Can you please provide the following information below to further assist you?

• What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV; specify TV)
  • When did the issue start?
  • Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.