Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murphysantos
Reel Rookie

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

I’m having this issue on a HiSense 70R6270F.  It is on SW 9.3.  

0 Kudos
FazeMatrix
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

tlc series 5 

i paid 300$ dollers for it

0 Kudos
snl07
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Model: C104X

TCL Model: 55S425

Software: 9.3.0 build 4182-93

Issue occurs on all streaming channels on all settings. Does not occur on HDMI inputs. Unplugging the tv / factory resetting fixes the issue for a seemingly random amount of time before it inevitably returns.

0 Kudos
FazeMatrix
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i have roku series 5 tv and it happend on dobly asscess youtube and pluto but on games its fine

0 Kudos
JSypher

Jump to solution

Yes. One week old. Exact same line. Software up to date. Disappointing.

0 Kudos
MikeDee808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The Roku model# is C122X on my TCL model #43S42. I am currently running Roku Software version 9.3.0- build 4182-93.

I first noticed this line/bar when I initially purchased the tv, but it only happened twice and I was able to restart the streaming app to get it to go away. Roughly a month later the line would start to appear on streaming apps once one program or episode ended and then another began and would persist only until I turned the tv on and off. The only thing that fixed it was a power drain. The first fix lasted for roughly 8 hrs and then appeared again. So I then tried a soft reset and the bar would show up almost immediately in all streaming apps. I once again did another power drain and it has not showed back up since. I did this almost two months ago. It seems that this line only started to become a problem whenever the tv was left on for prolonged periods of time which it has not been lately.

I don’t believe it happens with any kind of specific streaming like 4K or HDR, but I cannot be sure. It showed up for me in multiple apps and I don’t think adult swim is either 4K or HDR, but I could be wrong.

I don’t think I had the TV set to any kind of Picture mode, but I do believe that I had adjusted the picture some previous to this issue happening. After the soft reset I never changed the picture again, but like I previously mentioned it did however show back up after this soft reset almost immediately after opening any streaming app until I did a second power drain.
I hope my answers will be of help to you and getting this problem solved for others and to prevent it from happening again for those of us it has currently stopped affecting. Thanks.

0 Kudos
MikeDee808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

They want the roku model number not the tv model number. It can be found in the about section of the setting right next to the tv model number.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue on both Netflix and Amazon Prime. I have a Hisense R50B7120UK.

0 Kudos
DebN

Jump to solution

I just bought TCL Roku 5 series S525 and just started having this issue. Horizontal lines while watching Hulu. I just got my TV week ago. 258DB34D-06C5-472E-98D3-C70AF4AC1961.jpeg

0 Kudos
murphysantos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Some additional info:

Roku TV: C227X

SW: 9.3.0 Build 4182-94

TV: HiSense 70R6270F

I’ve only had the TV for two weeks and noticed 5 days ago. The kids may have noticed sooner but didn’t mention anything.  Doesn’t seem to be an issue on HDMI connected devices as the line does not get reproduced when using XBOX One or a FireTV 4K.  Nor is it an issue on the menu screens.  It seems to only happen randomly more often than not with any streaming app content via Roku.  I tried resetting everything back to factory settings and it didn’t help.  

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.