Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mclbfg
Reel Rookie

Hisense TV having issues playing videos on continuous loop.

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense TV that is being used as a building directory. I have updated the tv and Roku media player.

The issue I am having is that after a few hours of running the video on loop, It will go out of the media player and go to a screen saver. I have disabled the power settings that turn the tv off after a certain amount of time. I have also looked over all the settings to verify they are correct.

I have also tried different file formats, lengths and sizes to no avail.

Any suggestions on a fix or options?

TYIA

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense TV having issues playing videos on continuous loop.

Jump to solution

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community, @mclbfg.

Thanks for letting us know about this. We appreciate you taking the time to post your concern about the playing videos on continuous loop issues with your Hisense Roku TV. 

Please be advised that this feature is by design. All Roku TVs will proceed to a screensaver mode after being inactive for a while. While you can still play videos on a continuous loop, it will only be for several hours as the TV's inactivity will cause it to go into screensaver mode. 

No worries. We'd happily take this as feedback and forward it to the relevant team for review. We value your feedback and take it seriously to improve our services and products. 

Let us know if you need more help. We're happy to assist. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community, @mclbfg.

Thanks for letting us know about this. We appreciate you taking the time to post your concern about the playing videos on continuous loop issues with your Hisense Roku TV. 

Please be advised that this feature is by design. All Roku TVs will proceed to a screensaver mode after being inactive for a while. While you can still play videos on a continuous loop, it will only be for several hours as the TV's inactivity will cause it to go into screensaver mode. 

No worries. We'd happily take this as feedback and forward it to the relevant team for review. We value your feedback and take it seriously to improve our services and products. 

Let us know if you need more help. We're happy to assist. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
mclbfg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response Emmanuel!

I would be preferable for my situation to have a way to disable the screensaver. I am needing to run the video on loop for 9 hours a day. The TV is on a different floor of the building, so it would be a benefit to not have to check the TV 5 times a day.

Please do put this in a as a feature request for a future update. It would be super helpful for businesses looking to use these TV's for display and directory purposes.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.