Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noah16

Hisense Roku Tv won’t turn on

I’ve had this Tv for about 2 years. I don’t know what is wrong with it. I have Sharp Roku Tv from 8 years ago that is still running perfectly fine so I don’t understand what went wrong with this one. The little red light on the bottom keeps flashing on and off, and when I put a flashlight up close to the Tv I can see very faintly the words “Hisense Roku Tv” flashing on and off. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense Roku Tv won’t turn on

It's possible the backlight has failed. All LCD TVs require some sort of backlight, since the LCD panel itself emits no light. Plasma and OLED do emit light, so they don't have backlights. If you can see a faint image on the TV screen after it's turned on, that tends to point to a failed backlight. You can contact Hisense to see what their warranty coverage is on your set, and if it's no longer covered you can find out an estimated repair cost. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Hisense Roku Tv won’t turn on

I have the exact same problem with my Hisense TV. It failed last month while I was in the middle of watching a video. Suddenly the screen went out and no matter what I can't turn it on. But the red LED light on the bottom left panel keeps flashing. It's not a Roku TV and I got it in 2018 but It did not endure heavy use so I don't know what's wrong. I suspect the backlight died on it. These Hisense TVs are junk I'll never buy one again.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.