Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
picmicg

Re: Hisense Roku TV dark screen

Good luck getting any help from Hisense! My TV started experiencing the same dark screen problem that hundreds have complained about across the internet. I notified them about it since it is 2 months old and under warranty and their support person said it is a common problem and they would mail me a repair part and a technician would come to me to replace it. The repair date was set for Nov 16. I received the part on the 13th and went on their site to see if they gave a time to expect the repairman. What I found was that they had pushed the date back to the 20th. They sent me no notification of this so it was good that I looked!

Today Nov 19 I tried to contact them to see what time of day to expect the repairman. I called the support number given on their site 3 times and each time I would get to the part where they said "your wait time will be under 2 minutes" I then heard about 15 seconds of music and then silence I kept the call open all 3 times and after 7-8 minutes they hung up! I did an online chat help and the lady said to return the part because they had "escalated" my case and the serviceman would not be coming. They would instead call me in 24-48 hours with instructions on how to return the TV and they would send me another. I repeatedly asked for the number of a supervisor and she would not give me one. Finally she said, "A supervisor will call you before the close of business today!" I waited all evening and I received an email at 8:20pm saying they "had been unsuccessful in contacting me" and gave the same support number I had called 3X earlier, This time I did get someone and she went through a laundry list of info she needed to verify my identity including my phone number which they had correctly so there is no logical reason for them to not be able to reach me! 

What did she tell me? "Someone will be contacting you in 24-48 hours to get your credit card info and we will charge you for the replacement TV and refund your money when we receive the defective TV back!" I requested a refund and she said that was not possible! Had I not contacted them I would know none of this and would be spending tomorrow sitting around the house waiting for a serviceman who was not coming! I had already arranged to have tomorrow off to be here for him so I wasted a personal day!   

0 Kudos
MickeyWobble
Channel Surfer

I don’t understand your long winded complaint.

the advice on the forum is

unplug it,

wait 30 seconds,

plug it back in,

fixed.

I followed this advice, it worked.

🤷🏻‍♂️

hope you get it sorted 

0 Kudos
kalalau

Thank you so much. Unplugging and replugging worked like a charm. Glad I googled instead of listening to customer support who told me that i needed to restore factory settings. They said they never heard of such a problem before.

WeeBees

Yup, power cycle worked for me!

Unplug. Worked like a charm. Thank you people!❤

It just happened to me after 2 months . A factory reset worked but its not a good sign

0 Kudos
Gfcornejo

30 second reset is not working for me. Started happening right after warranty was over … **bleep** hise se

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Gfcornejo

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Have you tried contacting the Hisense Support to inquire further? We'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach out to them here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or call them at 1-888-935-8880.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BoydBennett
Reel Rookie

Unplugging the TV worked for me. It’s about 3mo

leilani2018
Reel Rookie

@Ismality wrote:

This literally just happened to me. I bought a 70" hisense roku TV a couple of months ago. Thankfully I bought this POS from Costco. It's going back next weekend when I have some time. First and last time I buy hisense/roku.

Costco is the best at dealing with this problem, try asking them by phone or in person, (I don’t work for them, lol) they also are great on returns. I have one of these in 48 or something like that, I took a chance when this tv was unheard of, streaming other than games ( steam) was also unheard of, my limited budget was my best reason to try this unheard of tv from china (eye roll) but its almost 10 years later and I just started experiencing the black out screen ( guess I got my money’s worth lol) but as Im still at the very low budget of nothingness guess I need to try to fix it first) Ive tried unplugging,, and a few other suggestions but since I have a “Spectrum” app ( a whole other problem, (super eye roll) Im hesitant to reset as that deletes the spectrum app; not sure why they’re in a love spat with each other ( Spectrum cable and ROKU, double eye roll!!)  hopefully there is another way to  fix this semi-“blackout screen” ??

thanks for reading my ROKU love-hate experience 😉

PS: loved the “POS back to Costco line” lol!!

0 Kudos