Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mocha7
Level 7

Hisense Roku TV - Airplay-Casting stopped working after 5 months

Airplay Casting was working fine out of the box for 5 months with my iPhone 12 and iPad 5.  When I play a video on my handheld devices (apps or webpage), I am able to choose the Hisense Roku and then on the TV end, it only shows a spinner and then the Airplay menu after time out. 

I am still able to use Airplay Mirroring but it's not an ideal solution.  I am also still able to Airplay Cast from Prime Video and Apple TV apps. 

I did a factory reset on the TV but the same symptoms still remains. 

I tried to Airplay by using a MI box and it worked fine and also confirmed that my handheld devices and network set up had no issues.

I am attaching a screenshot with my Roku TV information and hope I would receive some supports:

IMG_8716.JPEG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Cady
Level 7

Re: Hisense Roku TV - Airplay-Casting stopped working after 5 months

Facing same issue with my sharp TV, hope someone can help!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mocha7
Level 7

I was able to reach a Roku live chat agent yesterday and we tried to troubleshoot the issues together but still not working.  I was told to provide an issue number (homex5+backx5) and the agent would escalate this issue to next level agents.  We suspected that there's some incompatibility between airplay version embedded in Roku.  In the mean time, I could use my Roku TV for Prime Video/Apple TV/YouTube only.  It's a quite disappointed situation as it limits the use/choices that we could enjoy with the features which might also be the main reason for us to choose it in the first place.

0 Kudos