Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mocha7
Reel Rookie

Hisense Roku TV - Airplay-Casting stopped working after 5 months

Airplay Casting was working fine out of the box for 5 months with my iPhone 12 and iPad 5.  When I play a video on my handheld devices (apps or webpage), I am able to choose the Hisense Roku and then on the TV end, it only shows a spinner and then the Airplay menu after time out. 

I am still able to use Airplay Mirroring but it's not an ideal solution.  I am also still able to Airplay Cast from Prime Video and Apple TV apps. 

I did a factory reset on the TV but the same symptoms still remains. 

I tried to Airplay by using a MI box and it worked fine and also confirmed that my handheld devices and network set up had no issues.

I am attaching a screenshot with my Roku TV information and hope I would receive some supports:

IMG_8716.JPEG

13 REPLIES 13
Cady

Re: Hisense Roku TV - Airplay-Casting stopped working after 5 months

Facing same issue with my sharp TV, hope someone can help!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mocha7
Reel Rookie

I was able to reach a Roku live chat agent yesterday and we tried to troubleshoot the issues together but still not working.  I was told to provide an issue number (homex5+backx5) and the agent would escalate this issue to next level agents.  We suspected that there's some incompatibility between airplay version embedded in Roku.  In the mean time, I could use my Roku TV for Prime Video/Apple TV/YouTube only.  It's a quite disappointed situation as it limits the use/choices that we could enjoy with the features which might also be the main reason for us to choose it in the first place.

0 Kudos

I’m experiencing the same issue. Tv worked fine for 5 months and airplay suddenly stopped working properly. Still connects to airplay from my ipad, but can’t stream video. My laptop is no longer able to connect at all. Very frustrated as this is the only reason I bought the tv. Hisense customer support was not helpful and referred me to Roku customer support that was equally useless. Very glad I bought the extended warranty, but it has so far been a huge waste of my time trying to fix this issue. I have tried every possible solution and now I just want a refund for my tv.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Stinkmaster

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing with Airplay? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? What are you seeing on screen?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arashmonazzam
Reel Rookie

the same problem with me. sometimes when i turn on the tv, airplay does not work and i can not share my iphone screen but the other time it works. i am really confused.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@arashmonazzam

Thanks for the post.

Are you making sure that the device that you are trying to use Airplay with is on the same wireless network as your Roku device? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mocha7
Reel Rookie

Just want to post an update on my original issue which has resolved one day mysteriously (days after updating to version 10 of the Roku firmware).

0 Kudos
arashmonazzam
Reel Rookie

Dear Danny

Yes I am connecting to same wifi

Sometimes it work and sometimes without doing anything special it stops 

0 Kudos