Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Help with Reboot/Shutdown Loop

I have a TCL Roku ready tv; Software version 12.50.0... Build 4176.  Mine does not "loop" but turns off after an audible click.  Oftentimes it takes longer to turn on than it gives me time to watch then it is off again.

Not sure if any of you can help but here goes...  I've been corresponding back and forth with Roku Developers who referred me to TCL (knew it was not TCL's problem).  They tried helping me and it was even more obvious the tv is not the problem but the software, Roku, is the problem.

Tried everything TCL and Roku suggested but to no avail.  Roku needs to rewrite software eliminating a timer, which seems to be embedded in their software and they are not aware, and bring back channels.  To me this doesn't seem an impossible task.

I can't give a particular channel because no channel shows up. In order to regain channels and stop the turning off I have to do a "factory reset"; once everything is back in place all works perfectly. Next day the problems start all over again.  It is a vicious cycle that is extremely frustrating.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help with Reboot/Shutdown Loop

Hi @Mxavier124,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku TV. Can you please provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Software version 12.50.0... Build 4176.  ID 78-449-146

Channels don't show up on my Roku.  I'm usually watching "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" and "Daktari" but occurs on any Roku channel.  As soon as I turn tv back on it immediately "shuts off"; a vicious cycle.

Thanks!!  🙂

0 Kudos
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Ohhhh... Forgive me... Serial number is YK0081860878 (JDU258860878

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you, @Mxavier124.

We appreciate you for providing us with the requested details. Rest assured that we will forward your concern to the appropriate Roku team for further review and to figure out the root cause of this. We may need to ask for one more thing. Kindly let us know who is your internet service provider.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this. Please let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Spectrum

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.