Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handshake errors cannot tell if its soundbar related

Hi there, I have a Samsung Soundbar, LG TV, and a new Roku Premium that I've just set up at my Grandmother's. She finally has internet, and I was excited to get her streaming! Unfortunately, it has been a headache. Part of that is LG TV. Part of that was Roku.... 

We keep getting the HDCP error. We've exchanged HDMI cables, unplugged everything, plugged it back in. No dice. Has anyone solved for this? How do I know if it's the soundbar, or what? Is there a setting anywhere I can do to help the "handshake?" This is CRAZY that it has been this difficult. I think I am going to return and just do Amazon firestick?

Anyone had any luck with this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Handshake errors cannot tell if its soundbar related

Hi @courtneyyanceyr,

Saw your post!

We understand your sentiments regarding this and we would feel the same way. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the HDCP issue.

We also recommend taking a look at our Support page to troubleshoot HDCP issues: What to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen | Official Roku Support

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos