Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katenshw

HBO Max is unwatchable on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

I don’t know what’s Max’s problem is but almost every single movie is zoomed in. It’s the only app that does it and it’s only on my TCL Roku TV.

I’ve checked all of my settings and tried to change all the picture settings and nothing works. It’s so zoomed in you can’t watch any movies on MAX.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO Max is unwatchable on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Warm greetings here in the Roku community, @katenshw!

We appreciate you taking the time to report the issue with the picture size on your Max channel, and we are here to help.

Before we proceed, please let us know if you encounter any error codes when trying to watch. In such cases, we highly recommend trying the following steps to see if it makes any difference.

Note: You can adjust most picture and sound settings while watching a program.

1. Open Max and select the video or content you want to play.
  2. Press the asterisk (*) button on your remote control to display the option menu. 
  3. Scroll down and select "Picture Settings".
  4. Press "Picture Size" and select "Normal" from the options.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply to the thread for further assistance. We will be glad to help you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Warm greetings here in the Roku community, @katenshw!

We appreciate you taking the time to report the issue with the picture size on your Max channel, and we are here to help.

Before we proceed, please let us know if you encounter any error codes when trying to watch. In such cases, we highly recommend trying the following steps to see if it makes any difference.

Note: You can adjust most picture and sound settings while watching a program.

1. Open Max and select the video or content you want to play.
  2. Press the asterisk (*) button on your remote control to display the option menu. 
  3. Scroll down and select "Picture Settings".
  4. Press "Picture Size" and select "Normal" from the options.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply to the thread for further assistance. We will be glad to help you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jcbenr

Jump to solution

Hello, I am also having this same issue. The solution you provided does not solve it. While it somewhat adjusts the picture it is only in relation to the already heavily zoomed image.

have also tried deleting and reloading the app. 

for reference the model of Roku tv is the TCL 7121x. 

it doesn’t seem to do this with any other apps or streaming services. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.