Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KAYVP
Reel Rookie

Roku TV flashing a white screen and grey screen with brackets.

Roku TV flashing white screen followed by grey screen with brackets.  There are 3 other posts having the same problem with no resolution.  My TV is a 43" Element.  This problem has been identified on JVC, Onn, and RCA Roku TVs.  I've contacted Roku support who referred me to Element, the manufacturer.  I've done a Power Drain (unplugging TV, holding start button for 30 seconds, plugging it in again), and a Hard Reset (while turned on, holding the reset button for 20 seconds then restarting).  Neither of these options  worked.  The TV continues to flash a white screen followed by a grey screen alternately.  Since this problem occurs on TVs made by different manufacturers it is most likely a Roku operating system (software) issue.  Can you provide a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
KAYVP
Reel Rookie

Grey screen white brackets and then flashing full white screen tried fac resetting nothing wo...

my Roku TV is doing exactly the same thing.  Were you able to fix it.  If so, what did you do?

0 Kudos
KAYVP
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV flashing a white screen and grey screen with brackets.

UPDATE:

Klouisevp

Jun 21, 2024, 15:00 EDT

The screen continues to flash grey and white.  However, the Hard Reset did work sort of.  The screen reader asked what language (I pressed enter), then location (I pressed enter for US), then the internet.  I pressed enter again for my wireless CenturyLink account.  It then asked for the internet password.  It's not possible, without the letter/number matrix, to enter the password which consists of 14 characters and numbers.  In other words, the screen reader is trying to guide me through the Reset process.  In the meantime, the screen continues to flash grey and white alternately.

What, if anything, can be done to fix this problem?
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Grey screen white brackets and then flashing full white screen tried fac resetting nothing wo...

Hi @KAYVP,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We acknowledge your concern with your Roku TV. We'd be glad to help, but we'll need more details.

1. When did you start having this issue? (Was it after a software update?)
  2. Are you seeing any error messages?
  3. Can you send us a photo of the issue?

Furthermore, could you clarify if you have performed a hard reset by locating the reset button at the back of the TV and pressing and holding it until the TV restarts?

Kindly keep us updated.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.