Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mat312

Fix Sound Frozen On Sound Bar Start With eArc

I am having the exact same issue and it is really annoying. I hope they fix this. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Fix Sound Frozen On Sound Bar Start With eArc

@mat312

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
erb504

Re: Fix Sound Frozen On Sound Bar Start With eArc

Like others in this thread, I am experiencing the same issues as the OP. My Bose sound bar is not detected when I turn on my Roku TV. The sound bar needs to be powered on before my TV can detect it, which does not happen when I power on the TV and the eArc then powers on the sound bar. I have to go into the CEC settings and manually detect the sound bar. I have played around with every possible audio/hdmi setting to resolve the issue. I updated the software on my Bose sound bar. I upgraded my HDMI cable. The only solution is to disable the "system standby" and leave the sound bar always on so that the TV powers on and detects the (already active) sound bar. (Additionally I experience a lag unless the Roku specifically detects it as "sound bar" and not a "speaker" as shown by the volume icon.)

Really hope Roku pushes an update so that the TV detects CEC devices after it powers them on. I bought this Bose sound bar specially because it was "Roku Ready", and it has yet to work seamlessly with my Roku TV.

0 Kudos