Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NYJack
Streaming Star

Expanded stereo off and can't be changed

Why is Expanded Stereo on my Roku sound set to off and can't be changed? I am using a TCL Roku TV, a Roku Streambar and 4 Roku Wireless speakers. It seems like I have most of the components for surround sound (don't have the subwoofer - the bass is adequate for me) but I dpn't think I am not getting good surround sound.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Expanded stereo off and can't be changed

@NYJack

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, how are you connecting all of your Roku audio product devices? Is the host (main device) that you are connecting your audio products the Roku TV or the Roku Streambar? Furthermore, which Roku device are you accessing the sound settings?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NYJack
Streaming Star

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@NYJack

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, how are you connecting all of your Roku audio product devices? Is the host (main device) that you are connecting your audio products the Roku TV or the Roku Streambar? Furthermore, which Roku device are you accessing the sound settings?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.Thanks,
Danny

The Roku TCL TV has a Roku Streambar connected via an HDMI cable. The main device is the Roku TV. The only reson I use the streambar is to be able to get surround sound. The sound settings are the ones on the TV. I do all the streaming from the apps on the TV. I tried streaming from the streambar but it doesn't seem to have as many audio adjustments as the TV does.

0 Kudos
tntippett

Was there ever an answer to this? I am having the same issue with the same configuration. 

letsroll
Reel Rookie

I think when a program is in 5.1 that option is disabled but the level is way too low even on 10. 

0 Kudos
farleywv

I had same problem.  What I did was not go in the stream bar app but instead go under the app I wanted to use.  I use youtube tv so I go under its app not the stream bar.   You need to pair the remote with app.  Works great for me.  

0 Kudos