Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaw38

Does Anyone Know About the HBO Max/Max Changeover on Roku?

So apparently tomorrow my HBO Max account becomes "Max", and I've read that some people will have to upgrade their app and others won't. I can't find any information specific to Roku. Do y'all know if I need to download a new App and log in again, or what? I guess I'll just find out tomorrow but I wish I knew what to expect.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Croaku2

It's debut day. Where is MAX?

For weeks we've been hearing about HBO Max becoming MAX. Well, WHERE IS IT? I've still got the same old channel. 

dangerruss
Reel Rookie

HBO MAX changing to just MAX

I cannot find the new MAX channel to add to my ROKU streaming player.  How do I add the new MAX channel?

0 Kudos
kay10

The new Max app crashes every time

I have added the new Max app (replacing the HBOMax), and every time I try to start it, it crashes. I have restarted the Roku multiple times. I’ve deleted, and re-added the channel. It still crashes every single time. I never even make it past the the blue screen with max on it. 

optima

Re: It's debut day. Where is MAX?

On my ROKU TCL, the icon for the MAX app was crashing for about an hour, but it is up and working now. 

0 Kudos
jcc1
Channel Surfer

Re: The new Max app crashes every time

i can't even find the new MAX  app

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HBO MAX changing to just MAX

Either update the HBOmax channel (*menu, update channel) or update the Roku software (settings/system/software update), then restart the Roku (settings/system/restart). 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Does Anyone Know About the HBO Max/Max Changeover on Roku?

Hi @shaw38

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about how to add the new Max channel which formerly known as HBO Max on Roku.

Please be advised that starting today, March 23, 2023, HBO Max will become Max. For more information, check out our post on the Roku Blog here: Introducing Max: The one to watch starting May 23 (roku.com)

Let me know if you have any other questions and Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: It's debut day. Where is MAX?

Why not ask Max?

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
rami401

Re: Does Anyone Know About the HBO Max/Max Changeover on Roku?

I uninstalled HBO ran update, then restart, added MAX no problem now.

0 Kudos